* Odd MP/context problems
@ 2000-01-15 22:46 Tobias Burnus
From: Tobias Burnus @ 2000-01-15 22:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I got an odd error with metapost/Context using several

\startrunMPgraphic{foo}
\startrunMPgraphic
\useMPgraphicA{foo}

it worked rather well until one MP definition made problems. I tried to trace
the problem down using a different source and after a while (I think the code
was identical) the problem went away. Now I tried to delete the m* files and
re-run. This time pdfetex stopped after the fourth MP object (before the big
deletion I didn't stopp, but the output of the 31th or so MP was wrong (too far
shifted to the left)), after manually running mpost mpgraphic I got
mpgraph.1..5, but then it stopped again with this message:
----------------------
(./mpgraph.4)
Gleitobjektblo : 4 plaziert
Abbildungen    : Dimensionen von ./mpgraph.5 geladen aus der Abbildungsdatei se
lbst
[MP color conversion ./mpgraph.5
\openout0 = `metacmyk.tmp'.

 not needed]
\openout0 = `metacmyk.tmp'.

 [MP to PDF ./mpgraph.5]
(./mpgraph.5)
Gleitobjektblo : 5 plaziert
[flush and process mpgraph.mp afterwards] [1.1{/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf/dvi
ps/config/pdftex.map}]
beginfig(6);
verbatimtex \setupbodyfont [ams,ss,9pt] etex
 sv := 2.2;
What does this `flush and process mpgraph.mp afterwards' mean? (write18 is
enabled, but mpost is
called after pdfetex is finished, if I interprete the output of `texexec test`
correct.)

You can find the two (ugly) files at:
http://uuhome.de/tobias.burnus/test.tex
http://uuhome.de/tobias.burnus/evaluation.tex

(note: the file test.dvi in the same directory has only a far relation to
test.tex, since it is created by LaTeX.)