* showing and hiding layers
@ 2011-01-31 15:37 Skip Collins
From: Skip Collins @ 2011-01-31 15:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

I am trying to create a layer to contain letterhead graphics. I would
like the letterhead to appear by default when a pdf is opened and
printed. But I would also like to be able to hide the letterhead layer
in Acrobat when printing on pre-printed paper.

My simplistic, always-displayed letterhead looks like:

%%% start code %%%
\definelayer[letterhead]
            [x=0in,y=0in,width=\paperwidth,height=\paperheight,state=start]
\setlayer[letterhead]
         [hoffset=1in,voffset=0.5in]
         {LetterHeadMark}
\setupbackgrounds[page][background={letterhead}]
\starttext
Hello, World!
\stoptext
%%% stop code %%%

But there is no obvious way to turn this off when printing.
Contextgarden suggests using \defineproperty to create a pdf layer. I
can show and hide this layer in acrobat, but it always opens up
hidden. I am also not sure how to place the letterhead exactly on the
page using this method.

Any suggestions?

* Re: showing and hiding layers
@ 2011-02-01  8:58 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2011-02-01  8:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 31.01.2011 um 16:37 schrieb Skip Collins:

> I am trying to create a layer to contain letterhead graphics. I would
> like the letterhead to appear by default when a pdf is opened and
> printed. But I would also like to be able to hide the letterhead layer
> in Acrobat when printing on pre-printed paper.
>
> My simplistic, always-displayed letterhead looks like:
>
> %%% start code %%%
> \definelayer[letterhead]
>            [x=0in,y=0in,width=\paperwidth,height=\paperheight,state=start]
> \setlayer[letterhead]
>         [hoffset=1in,voffset=0.5in]
>         {LetterHeadMark}
> \setupbackgrounds[page][background={letterhead}]
> \starttext
> Hello, World!
> \stoptext
> %%% stop code %%%
>
> But there is no obvious way to turn this off when printing.
> Contextgarden suggests using \defineproperty to create a pdf layer. I
> can show and hide this layer in acrobat, but it always opens up
> hidden. I am also not sure how to place the letterhead exactly on the
> page using this method.
>
> Any suggestions?

In MkIV \startproperty is obsolete and you should use \startviewerlayer:

\defineviewerlayer[letterhead]

\definelayer
  [letterhead]
  [width=\paperwidth,
   height=\paperheight]

\setlayer
  [letterhead]
  [x=1in,
   y=0.5in]
  {\startviewerlayer[letterhead]%
   LetterHeadMark
   \stopviewerlayer}

\setupbackgrounds[page][background=letterhead]

\starttext
Hello, World!
\stoptext

Wolfgang