* Opentype features
@ 2009-05-10 12:52 Arun Dev
From: Arun Dev @ 2009-05-10 12:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello,

       I am using Context Mark II + XeTeX. I would like to know the
following things.

1. How to use opentype font features. I tried the following code but it is
not working.
      \definefontfeature[myfontfea][+onum]
  \definetypeface[Libertine][rm][Xserif][Linux Libertine
O][default][features=myfontfea]
  \setupbodyfont[Libertine,12pt]

2. Is there an eqivalent code to the following XeLaTeX code.
      \defaultfontfeatures{Scale=MatchLowercase}

3. How to use Cambria Math font to typeset math.

* Re: Opentype features
@ 2009-05-11  6:30 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2009-05-11  6:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 10.05.2009 um 14:52 schrieb Arun Dev:

> Hello,
>
> I am using Context Mark II + XeTeX. I would like to know the
> following things.
>
> 1. How to use opentype font features. I tried the following code but
> it is not working.
>
>   \definefontfeature[myfontfea][+onum]
>   \definetypeface[Libertine][rm][Xserif][Linux Libertine O][default]
> [features=myfontfea]
>    \setupbodyfont[Libertine,12pt]

\definefontfeature[default][default][onum=yes]
\definetypeface[Libertine][rm][Xserif][Linux Libertine O][default]
\setupbodyfont[Libertine]

> 2. Is there an eqivalent code to the following XeLaTeX code.
>
>   \defaultfontfeatures{Scale=MatchLowercase}

Only when you port the fontspec package to ConTeXt.

> 3. How to use Cambria Math font to typeset math.

MkII (XeTeX): Write the code to use OpenType math fonts and send it to
Hans.

MkIV (LuaTeX): \definetypeface[Libertine][mm][math][cambria][default]

Wolfgang

* Re: Opentype features
@ 2009-05-11  7:37   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2009-05-11  7:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

>> 2. Is there an eqivalent code to the following XeLaTeX code.
>>
>>   \defaultfontfeatures{Scale=MatchLowercase}
>
> Only when you port the fontspec package to ConTeXt.

i can not even imagine what it is supposed to mean -)

>> 3. How to use Cambria Math font to typeset math.
>
> MkII (XeTeX): Write the code to use OpenType math fonts and send it to
> Hans.

open type math in mkii is unlikely to happen soon (ok, at some point i
can just generate the symbol etc initializations from the mkiv lua
tables but it has a very low priority)

in mkiv there is some trickery that cannot be ported and i'm not going
to cripple new (otf math related code) by fuzzy sharing with mkii

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: Opentype features
@ 2009-05-11  7:48     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2009-05-11  7:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 11.05.2009 um 09:37 schrieb Hans Hagen:

> Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
>
>>> 2. Is there an eqivalent code to the following XeLaTeX code.
>>>
>>>  \defaultfontfeatures{Scale=MatchLowercase}
>>
>> Only when you port the fontspec package to ConTeXt.
>
> i can not even imagine what it is supposed to mean -)

Write a module which has the same functionality as the fontspec
package for XeLaTeX.

http://www.ctan.org/get/macros/xetex/latex/fontspec/fontspec.pdf

Wolfgang

* Re: OpenType Features
@ 2009-05-14 19:03 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2009-05-14 19:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

You asked the same questions a few days ago, what's your problem
with the answers you got last time?

Wolfgang

@ 2009-05-14 12:32 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2009-05-14 12:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Arun Dev wrote:
> Hello,
>
>        I am using Context Mark II + XeTeX. I would like to know the
> following things.
>
> 1. How to use opentype font features. I tried the following code but it is
> not working.
>       \definefontfeature[myfontfea][+onum]
>   \definetypeface[Libertine][rm][Xserif][Linux Libertine
> O][default][features=myfontfea]
>   \setupbodyfont[Libertine,12pt]

\definefontfeature[myfontfea][onum=yes]

> 2. Is there an eqivalent code to the following XeLaTeX code.
>       \defaultfontfeatures{Scale=MatchLowercase}

i have no clue what that is supposed to do

> 3. How to use Cambria Math font to typeset math.

\usetypescript[cambria] \setupbodyfont[cambria]

but only in mkiv

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* OpenType Features