* HOWTO: Installing new fonts
@ 2000-02-14 11:11 Dan Seracu
From: Dan Seracu @ 2000-02-14 11:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I have the same problem! I tried to install and use postscript fonts
(ex: galliard).
English characters worked allright, but when trying special characters:
\c{s}, \u{a}, \^\i etc (from Romanian language) sometime it just
displayed s, i, a or displayed nothing (if I used t1 encoding or ec
encoding).

Dan Seracu
danseracu@yahoo.com

* RE: HOWTO: installing new fonts
@ 2000-02-15 13:25 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2000-02-15 13:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

    Haseloff,> BTW Taco, every time i update ConTeXt (it´s very
    Haseloff,> often!) i have to change the control sequences \command
    Haseloff,> to \command{} in enco-win.tex to avoid the ignoring of
    Haseloff,> the following space.  Is it possible to make it the
    Haseloff,> default? I can send you my file if you need it.

Of course it can be the default (and should be). When Hans is back
from the US, we will fix all of these issues at the same time
(also adding \sz etc.) and write some clear docs explaining what is
going on. Can't do that on my own, and talking to Hans is quite
tricky now. There are also some font-related things concerning maths
that need to be fixed.

Somewhere end of the month, OK?

greetings, taco

* RE: HOWTO: installing new fonts
@ 2000-02-15  5:47 Haseloff, Lutz
From: Haseloff, Lutz @ 2000-02-15  5:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

> All looks fine (especally the umlauts äöü) except the "ß" (grmdbls, sz,
"s).
> This glyph came out as "SS".

> Can you help me?

I had the same Problem until i used the command \useencoding[win] in my
documents.
(I´m a Windows user (

BTW Taco, every time i update ConTeXt (it´s very often!) i have to change
the control sequences \command to
\command{} in enco-win.tex to avoid the ignoring of the following space.
Is it possible to make it the default? I can send you my file if you need
it.

Lutz

* HOWTO: installing new fonts
@ 2000-02-14  2:43 Uwe Koloska
From: Uwe Koloska @ 2000-02-14  2:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I am very fascinated by the possibilities of ConTeXt.  Lately I tried to make
some Postscript fonts I used to use with LaTeX available in ConTeXt.  For LaTeX
I have used vfinst (calls fontinst) to create all the necessary virtual fonts.

For ConTeXt I just tried to insert the following lines in my test-file, to use
Bitstream GillSans:

\definefontsynonym [Sans]            [bgsr8t] [encoding=t1]
\definefontsynonym [SansBold]        [bgsb8t] [encoding=ec]
\definefontsynonym [SansItalic]      [bgsri8t] [encoding=ec]
\definefontsynonym [SansSlanted]     [bgsro8t] [encoding=ec]
\definefontsynonym [SansBoldItalic]  [bgsbi8t] [encoding=ec]
\definefontsynonym [SansBoldSlanted] [bgsbo8t] [encoding=ec]
\definefontsynonym [SansCaps]        [bgsrc8t] [encoding=ec]

\definebodyfont [14.4pt,12pt,11pt,10pt,9pt,8pt,7pt,6pt,5pt] [ss] [default]

\setupbodyfont[sans]

All looks fine (especally the umlauts äöü) except the "ß" (grmdbls, sz, "s).
This glyph came out as "SS".

Can you help me?

Is there an HOWTO for installing arbitrary fonts in context? The
"Typographie"-chapter of the english beta manual just confuses me :-((

Yours
Uwe Koloska

--
mailto:koloska@rcs.urz.tu-dresden.de