* filled triangles and images in pdf doc's
@ 2000-03-13 16:09 Joris Graaumans
       [not found] ` <Pine.BSF.4.10.10003131735290.10202-100000@ringo.physik.fu- berlin.de>
From: Joris Graaumans @ 2000-03-13 16:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

In the Dutch version of ConTeXt I use the command:

\symbool[4]

to create a 'triangle right'. (in LaTeX it's \rhd I believe). This is an
'open' or transparant triangle and I would very much like to use a black or
filled triangle. Is this possible?

I also have a question about using (tiff) images in a ConTeXt > pdf
document. Using EPS-images in a (postscript) document works perfectly, but
when I try to convert PS to PDF the images are lost.
I also tried to use tiff-images and to create pdf output directly:

\pdfoutput=1
\pdfcompresslevel=9

but it didn't work. What's wrong?

Greetings,

Joris

* Re: filled triangles and images in pdf doc's
@ 2000-03-13 16:44 ` Tobias Burnus
       [not found] ` <Pine.BSF.4.10.10003131735290.10202-100000@ringo.physik.fu- berlin.de>
From: Tobias Burnus @ 2000-03-13 16:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Hi,
> \symbool[4]
> to create a 'triangle right'. (in LaTeX it's \rhd I believe). This is an
> 'open' or transparant triangle and I would very much like to use a black or
> filled triangle. Is this possible?
Well if I recall correctly then this symbol isn't in the CM fonts. But
there is one in the AMS symbols ($TEXMF/doc/amstex/amsguide.dvi, p.21
Try:
\setupbodyfont[ams] % \stelkorpsin[ams]
\definesymbol[10][$\blacktriangleright$]

> I also have a question about using (tiff) images in a ConTeXt > pdf
> document. Using EPS-images in a (postscript) document works perfectly, but
> when I try to convert PS to PDF the images are lost.
Do you want to include this PS document or will this document your
PDF document.
How do you convert PS to PDF?
If you use GhostScript, use GS 6.0x (x=1 in a few hours).

> I also tried to use tiff-images and to create pdf output directly:
I would think ConTeXt could handle it directly using
\externalfigure[foo.tiff], doesn't this work. (I never tried.)

> \pdfoutput=1
> \pdfcompresslevel=9
Ups, why don't you use texexec --pdf?

Tobias

@ 2000-03-14  8:56   ` Joris Graaumans
From: Joris Graaumans @ 2000-03-14  8:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

>Try:
>\setupbodyfont[ams] % \stelkorpsin[ams]
>\definesymbol[10][$\blacktriangleright$]

Works perfectly, thanks!

>> I also have a question about using (tiff) images in a ConTeXt > pdf
>> document. Using EPS-images in a (postscript) document works perfectly, but
>> when I try to convert PS to PDF the images are lost.
>Do you want to include this PS document or will this document your
>PDF document.
>How do you convert PS to PDF?

I'm using the 4TeX 5.0 distribution to compile the ConTeXt-file. I'm not
actually converting PS > PDF (sorry). I can get EPS images in a ConTeXt >
DVI > PS document, but EPS, TIFF, PNG or JPEG images in a ConTeXt > DVI >
PDF or ConTeXt > PDF document doesn't work.

I tried \externfiguur[foo] with a foo.png, foo.tif, foo.jpg, foo.eps in the
same directory as the TeX-file, but the log says: 'figuur foo is niet te
vinden' (figure foo is not found).

@ 2000-03-14  9:16     ` Dan Seracu
From: Dan Seracu @ 2000-03-14  9:16 UTC (permalink / raw)