* PDF-fonts
@ 2000-03-20 12:02 Robbert Hardin
From: Robbert Hardin @ 2000-03-20 12:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear ConTeXt-users

At home I made a PDF-document using ConTeXt running completely from 4TeX5.0
CD. At home I have no problem viewing or printing this document with Adobe's
Acrobat Reader (Version 3.0 and 4.0). At work Adobe's Acrobat Reader 4.0
complains it can not show, nor print an italic part (font WMELTJ+CMTI12) of
this document. I know two ways to solve this problem:

1) Include the missing font(s) in the document.
2) Install the missing font(s) on my harddisk.

Knowing how to solve a problem is not the same as solving it. To solve it I
need to know:

A) How do I find out what fonts I use.
B) How do I include fonts in a document.
C) How do I install fonts on my harddisk.

Can somebody help me?

Kind regards, Robbert Hardin

* Re: PDF-fonts
@ 2000-03-20 20:43 ` Tobias Burnus
From: Tobias Burnus @ 2000-03-20 20:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ConTeXt

Hi Robbert,

> At home I made a PDF-document using ConTeXt running completely from 4TeX5.0
> CD. At home I have no problem viewing or printing this document with Adobe's
> Acrobat Reader (Version 3.0 and 4.0). At work Adobe's Acrobat Reader 4.0
> complains it can not show, nor print an italic part (font WMELTJ+CMTI12) of
> this document. I know two ways to solve this problem:
> 1) Include the missing font(s) in the document.
If you are using PDFTeX, the fonts should be embedded.

> 2) Install the missing font(s) on my harddisk.
This will fail because the fonts aren't named CMTI12, but contain
a random string in order to prevent AR to use the installed font.
(This seems to be neccessary, because AR prefers the installed font,
even if it completely different.

> B) How do I include fonts in a document.
Use the appropiate PDFMarks with Adobe Distiller or Ghostscript 6.01.

I have recently the very same problem with Acrobat Reader 4.0.5 under
Linux:
I have several documents (from the Web), which have this problem. Using
Ghostscript 6.01 I had no problems. (In my case all of them used
encryption
without any reason (all entries of Document|Security were most
unrestricted),
but this prevented XPDF from working.)

I think this is one of the infamous Reader bug.
Question: Which OS and which Acrobat Reader version (exactly)?
You might try an update to an earlier/later version, dependend on
which bugs you prefer.

Tobias

* Re: PDF-fonts
@ 2000-03-20 19:41 pragma
From: pragma @ 2000-03-20 19:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

>Dear ConTeXt-users
>
>At home I made a PDF-document using ConTeXt running completely
from 4TeX5.0
>CD. At home I have no problem viewing or printing this document
with Adobe's
>Acrobat Reader (Version 3.0 and 4.0). At work Adobe's Acrobat
Reader 4.0
>complains it can not show, nor print an italic part (font
WMELTJ+CMTI12) of
>this document. I know two ways to solve this problem:
>
>1) Include the missing font(s) in the document.
>2) Install the missing font(s) on my harddisk.

You can take a look at the document info in the viewer and see
what fonts are embedded.

>Knowing how to solve a problem is not the same as solving it.
To solve it I
>need to know:
>
>A) How do I find out what fonts I use.

under document info

>B) How do I include fonts in a document.

these are included by default,

You can take a look at the pdftex manual (at www.pragma-ade.nl)
and see if your cfg files are correct. Normally computer modern
and all others except the base ones are embedded. So mabe your
viewer is wrong. Try to disable the cache in the preferences.

>C) How do I install fonts on my harddisk.

this is in the 4tex manual

>Can somebody help me?

I'm in brno (czech) now, so maybe others can be of more help.

Hans