From: Tobias Burnus <burnus@gmx.de>
Cc: ntg-context@ntg.nl
Subject: Re: Beginnersvragen...
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2000 10:45:26 +0200	[thread overview]

Hallo,

> Ik ben op zoek naar een TEX macroset voor het maken van PDF files.
Well every TeX macro package can create PDF ;-) Either using PDFTeX or
dvips+ps2pdf or dvipdf, but if you want to have the nice PDF stuff like
hyperlinks, you better use a macropackage which supports this, such as
ConTeXt. :-)

> Voor een project moet ik van hetzelfde dokument drie verschillende PDF
> files afleveren. Een versie op A5 papier, een versie met twee A5's op een
> A4 in gewone nummervolgorde en een versie met twee A5's op een A4 in
> 'Booklet' print volgorde.
> Kan dit in ConTeXt?
You can do so; this probably means that you have one file, which
contains
the text and tree files which contain the different setup, have a look
into the (big) ConTeXt manual, Section 2 "Page design".

> Kan ConTeXt werken met 8bit input en dan ook regels goed afbreken in
> woorden met accenten? Een deel van het dokument is in de Finse taal,
> waarbij bijna ieder vierde woord een of meerdere accenten bevat. Het
> gebruik van '\"{a}' maakt de tekst volledig onleesbaar.
You can use 8bit input, such as Latin-1/iso-8859-1/western Windows
encoding. (I don't know whether you can switch the encoding within the
text, though I wouldn't be surprised if it would work.) Concerning this
\"a (the {} is not needed), you can also define a convention concerning
such accents, such as in German "a (see lang-ger.tex), but I think this
isn't worth to do, since you can use 8bit encoding.

> Als het bovenstaande kan zijn er dan ergens voorbeelden van te vinden
> (learn by example).
I don't have a suitable example at hand, but the big handbook and the
introduction contain a good explanation and some examples.

Groetjes,

Tobias

PS: Sorry for writing in English, but my Dutch isn't that well; moreover
this is though to be an English list ;-)