* \externalfigure and arcobat reader
@ 2000-05-22 15:28 Stefan Schnitter
From: Stefan Schnitter @ 2000-05-22 15:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

when I include images with \externalfigure (mostly *.png) and make
a pdf-file, the acrobat reader sometimes (seems to depend on the scaling
of the image) produces ugly lines (in black or other colors) at a
edge of the images.
Obviously this is not a problem of context but of acrobat, but has
anyone of you come across the same problem or even found a workaround?

Thanx very much in advance, Stefan.

BTW: I'm using Acrobat 4.05 on Linux.
Dipl.-Math. Stefan Schnitter            schnitter@math.tu-clausthal.de
Institut f. Mathematik, TU Clausthal,Erzstr.1,38678 Clausthal, Germany
          Tel: ++49 5323 722408, Fax: ++49 5323 722304.

* Re: \externalfigure and arcobat reader
@ 2000-05-22 15:58 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2000-05-22 15:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 05:28 PM 5/22/2000 +0200, Stefan Schnitter wrote:

>when I include images with \externalfigure (mostly *.png) and make
>a pdf-file, the acrobat reader sometimes (seems to depend on the scaling
>of the image) produces ugly lines (in black or other colors) at a
>edge of the images.
>Obviously this is not a problem of context but of acrobat, but has
>anyone of you come across the same problem or even found a workaround?

I never observed it here. What you can do is the following:

% enable color support

\setupcolors
  [state=start]

% define a figure (koe is dutch for cow)

\useexternalfigure
  [koe a][koe]
  [offset=overlay,
   frame=on,
   rulethickness=2pt,
   framecolor=white,
   width=7cm]

% and another one, inheriting from the previous one

\useexternalfigure
  [koe b][koe][koe a]
  [width=4cm]

% place them

\externalfigure[koe a]
\externalfigure[koe b]

A quite acceptable solution I think,

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

* Re: \externalfigure and arcobat reader
@ 2000-05-22 16:04 ` Robert F. Beeger
From: Robert F. Beeger @ 2000-05-22 16:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Stefan Schnitter wrote:

> Hi,
>
> when I include images with \externalfigure (mostly *.png) and make
> a pdf-file, the acrobat reader sometimes (seems to depend on the scaling
> of the image) produces ugly lines (in black or other colors) at a
> edge of the images.
> Obviously this is not a problem of context but of acrobat, but has
> anyone of you come across the same problem or even found a workaround?

Had the same problem several times.
But gladly these lines never appeared on the printed version.

That's not much of a help. But now you know you're not alone with this
problem :)

Greets
  Robert

> Thanx very much in advance, Stefan.
>
> BTW: I'm using Acrobat 4.05 on Linux.
Had it on Linux and Windows NT. So it's not a problem of the Linux
version.