* Finding some solutions
@ 2000-06-02  1:34 David Arnold
From: David Arnold @ 2000-06-02  1:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

All, I've found some solutions. Still looking for others. This now compiles.

%output=pdf

\setupinteraction
 [state=start]

\starttext

\useURL[CODEE][http://www.math.hmc.edu/codee/main.html][][CODEE]
\useURL[darnold][mailto:darnold@northcoast.com][][David Arnold]

\from[CODEE]

\from[darnold]

\placefigure
 [here][movie]
 {Animating movies with the Model Builder.}
 \startcombination[2*1]
    {\externalfigure[Texwork.mov][width=100pt,height=100pt,preview=yes]}{}
    {\externalfigure[simple_pendulum_pp][width=100pt]}{}
 \stopcombination

\stoptext

So, now I get CODEE on the screen as an active link (same with David
Arnold). I'm not sure how that third option to \useURL is used (can
somebody show an example?). Please criticize here if there is a better way
of doing this.

Also, note above that by using a *.mov file instead of *.avi, I get a good
compile and the movie plays nicely in the pdf file. Still, can I use avi
(*.avi) files in Context? I was able to use Latex code and pdftex to do an
avi, like this:

\medskip
\begin{minipage}[c][100pt][b]{\hsize}
\noindent\hfil\vbox to 100pt {%
    \vfill
    \hbox to 100pt {%
        \pdfannot width 100pt height 100pt {%
            /Subtype /Movie
            /Movie << /F (sp.avi) /Aspect [100 100] /Poster true >>}
         \hfill}}
\hfil
\includegraphics[height=100pt]{simple_pendulum_pp}
\hfil
\end{minipage}
\medskip

But I'd like to see an easy way of accomplishing the same thing in Context.
Also, I still need to know how to make an image a hyperlink. That is, when
users click on this image

\placefigure
 [here][tool]
 {The \odearch\  Tool.}
 {\externalfigure[ODEArchitectTool][width=4in]}

they are sent to http://www.wiley.com/college/mat/odeart121320/. I easily
accomplished this with Latex and hyperref:

\begin{center}
\href{http://www.wiley.com/college/mat/odeart121320/}{\includegraphics{odear
chitect.jpg}}
\end{center}

But how can I do the same thing in Context?

-
David Arnold
College of the Redwoods
Mathematics Department
7351 Tompkins Hill Road
Eureka, CA 95501
(707) 476-4222

My Home Page
http://online.redwoods.cc.ca.us/instruct/darnold/index.htm

Ordinary Differential Equations Using Matlab
http://www.prenhall.com/books/esm_0130113816.html

* Re: Finding some solutions
@ 2000-06-02  6:53 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2000-06-02  6:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 06:34 PM 6/1/2000 -0700, David Arnold wrote:

>\useURL[CODEE][http://www.math.hmc.edu/codee/main.html][][CODEE]
>\useURL[darnold][mailto:darnold@northcoast.com][][David Arnold]

The third argument is used for a file destination to go to.

>Arnold). I'm not sure how that third option to \useURL is used (can

>Also, note above that by using a *.mov file instead of *.avi, I get a good

No problem to support avi (and definetely not using that ugly raw pdf
code), but it's non portable I fear. I will only implement that if it runs
on one more platrform that windows. Does it?

You could try:

\externalfigure[funnymovie.avi][type=mov,....]

>But I'd like to see an easy way of accomplishing the same thing in Context.

\externalfigure[texwork][type=mov,width=3cm,height=3cm]

how about \goto{wanna see me}[StartMovie{texwork}] and alike

>Also, I still need to know how to make an image a hyperlink. That is, when
>users click on this image
>
>\placefigure
> [here][tool]
> {The \odearch\  Tool.}
> {\externalfigure[ODEArchitectTool][width=4in]}
>
>they are sent to http://www.wiley.com/college/mat/odeart121320/. I easily
>accomplished this with Latex and hyperref:
>
>\begin{center}
>\href{http://www.wiley.com/college/mat/odeart121320/}{\includegraphics{odear
>chitect.jpg}}
>\end{center}
>
>But how can I do the same thing in Context?

by encapsulating whatever you want to be a hyperlink into a \goto or in
this case \gotobox, so

  \gotobox{\extern....}[url(an ode to art)]

\gotobox is stupid, \goto is clever, which I hope goes unnoticed but leads
to better and comfortable hyperstuff.

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

* Re: Finding some solutions
@ 2000-06-03 22:17   ` Hraban
From: Hraban @ 2000-06-03 22:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans Hagen wrote:
> No problem to support avi (and definetely not using that ugly raw pdf
> code), but it's non portable I fear. I will only implement that if it runs
> on one more platrform that windows. Does it?

I don't know how it is within PDF, but playing AVI via QuickTime on
MacOS is no problem.

--
Grüßlis vom Hraban!
---