* Palatino no no ...
@ 2000-06-04 18:42 Hraban
From: Hraban @ 2000-06-04 18:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all!

I don't get my Palatino working. I despare!

I deleted my whole TeX installation and re-installed
TeX (tetex), fonts and ConTeXt.
[ If I didn't write this before: Hans, please mention
"texconfig init" in your documentation! ]

Mostly everything worked, but not Palatino.

First running texexec -- some tool wants "Palatino-Slanted".
I don't have one, and I don't want slanted fonts.
Edited font-ppl.tex and font-ber.tex to map slanted to italics.

I don't know the order of the errors any more...
Sometimes texexec stopped with "arithmetic overflow",
sometimes it produces an dvi, but kdvi (e.g. some tool behind,
I think mktexmf or like that) makes wrong fonts -- no umlauts.
One time it worked correct, as long as I only use base font size.

I don't have any overview what I changed at all...
- controlled the fix in enco-ec.tex
- installed tfm and vf from Lutz Haseloff (thanks!)
- edited font-ber.tex and font-ppl.tex
- changed every Adobe-Palatino (ppl) to URW (upl) and
  back, while I don't seem to have the fonts.
- got an 8r.enc from my other system (some config file of web2c
  said, ppl would be re-encoded with 8r -- I don't understand it)

Ok, I'm willing to install everything from scratch,
but please give me a hint, what could be wrong!

--
Grüßlis vom Hraban!
---

only message in thread, other threads:[~2000-06-04 18:42 UTC | newest]