* lists
@ 2000-08-12 10:45 siepo
From: siepo @ 2000-08-12 10:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

I put Hans' patch into my cont.sys and wrote the following code:

\stelwitruimtein[geen]

\definieerstartstop [somnoindent][%
  voor={%
    \bgroup
    \stelopsommingin[elk][opelkaar][voor={\vskip-\lastskip},na={\relax}]%
    \stelopsommingin[1][vanelkaar,intekst]},
  na={\egroup}%
]
\starttekst

\startsomnoindent
\startopsomming

\som test test test test test test test test test test
test test test test test test test test test test test test
test test test test test

\startopsomming \som test \som test \stopopsomming

test test test test test test test test test test test test
test test test test test

\som test test test test test test test test test test
test test test test test test test test test test test test
test test test test test

\stopopsomming
\stopsomnoindent
\stoptekst

Why am I getting extra whitespace above the level-2 itemize and what
can I do about it?

Siep

* Re: lists
@ 2000-08-12 13:18 ` Berend de Boer
From: Berend de Boer @ 2000-08-12 13:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

siepo@client44-3.kabelA.oprit.rug.nl wrote:

> Why am I getting extra whitespace above the level-2 itemize and what
> can I do about it?

This is caused by the vanelkaar optie I suspect. But I'm unsure about
the cause. It looks like a bug, but it could be a feature, i.e the \som
ends with a new \startopsomming, so there should be some white space.
But a more intuitive definition of vanelkaar is probably some white
space above a \som except the first \som.

And it doesn't look easy to resolve with an extra \vskip as you probably
found out...

Groetjes,

Berend. (-:

* Re: Lists
@ 2006-10-19 13:57     ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2006-10-19 13:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 19 Oct 2006, Ángel Luis García Fernández wrote:

> Hi again,
>

>> List of algorithms:
>>
>> <example>
>>
>> \definefloat[algorithm][algorithms]
>>
>> \starttext
>>
>> \placealgorithm
>>   {First algorithm}
>>   {write here your algorithm}
>>
>> \placealgorithm
>>   {Second algorithm}
>>   {write here another algorithm}
>>
>> \placelistofalgorithms           % only index without heading
>> %\completelistofalgorithms   % index with heading
>>
>> \stoptext
>>
>> </example>
>>

> this worked OK. Thanks a lot.
>

>> List of formulas:
>>
>> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Math#List_of_Formulas
>>

> I tried this before writing to the list: this doesn't work, but I guess I can
> use the same as above to create my own \placenamedformula

This should work. Infact, the image on the wiki is generated
automatically from the code. Maybe your version of ConTeXt is a bit
old. I think that \placenamedformula was added around May this year.
You may want to update your installation.

Aditya

* Re: Lists
@ 2006-10-19 11:20   ` Ángel Luis García Fernández
From: Ángel Luis García Fernández @ 2006-10-19 11:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi again,

> List of algorithms:
>
> <example>
>
> \definefloat[algorithm][algorithms]
>
> \starttext
>
> \placealgorithm
>   {First algorithm}
>   {write here your algorithm}
>
> \placealgorithm
>   {Second algorithm}
>   {write here another algorithm}
>
> \placelistofalgorithms           % only index without heading
> %\completelistofalgorithms   % index with heading
>
> \stoptext
>
> </example>

this worked OK. Thanks a lot.

> List of formulas:
>
> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Math#List_of_Formulas

I tried this before writing to the list: this doesn't work, but I guess I can
use the same as above to create my own \placenamedformula

Angel-Luis

* Re: Lists
@ 2006-10-19  8:16 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2006-10-19  8:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

2006/10/18, Ángel Luis García Fernández <algarcia@ujaen.es>:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm new to the list, although I'm working with ConTeXt since last spring.
> have been trying to find everything I need on my own, but there is a
> problem
> I cannot solve at this moment. The thing is I'm writing my PhD thesis, and
> would like to have not only a "List of figures", but also a "List of
> algorithms" and a "List of formulas". Is there a simple way to create a
> "\placeXXX" command similar to the \placefigure and a "\placelistofXXXX"
> similar to the "\placelistoffigures"? I suppose they can be programmed,
> but
> I'd rather not to start learning how to program in ConTeXt right now.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Angel-Luis Garcia

Hi Garcia,

List of algorithms:

<example>

\definefloat[algorithm][algorithms]

\starttext

\placealgorithm
  {First algorithm}
  {write here your algorithm}

\placealgorithm
  {Second algorithm}
  {write here another algorithm}

\placelistofalgorithms           % only index without heading
%\completelistofalgorithms   % index with heading

\stoptext

</example>

List of formulas:

http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Math#List_of_Formulas

Wolfgang

* Lists
@ 2006-10-18  8:03 Ángel Luis García Fernández
From: Ángel Luis García Fernández @ 2006-10-18  8:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

I'm new to the list, although I'm working with ConTeXt since last spring. I
have been trying to find everything I need on my own, but there is a problem
I cannot solve at this moment. The thing is I'm writing my PhD thesis, and I