From: Michal Kvasnicka <qasar@econ.muni.cz>
Subject: Re: New \setup... / sgml processing
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 12:23:18 +0200	[thread overview]

Berend de Boer wrote:

> Hans Hagen wrote:
>
> > if there is enoigh interest for this, we may consider starting a discussion
> > on this.
>
> That's for sure. I think we're not far of that people will code entirely
> in XML instead of plain TeX. But perhaps live would be a lot easier if
> we had a tex that could read XML natively...

That's true. I'm writing some of my documents in XML now.
Me and some of my friends are planning to work on some project where
all documents will be encoded in XML. So we need some way how to typeset
it with TeX. In my experience the only problem (except TeX capacity maybe)
is that many people abuse the DTD -- but it's not my problem: I want to typeset
just my own documents that hold it.

If there would be some really stable ConTeXt-like module for direct typesetting
the XML/SGML, I would be really pleased. (But I guess that all peole at Pragma
(are they more than just Mr. Hagen?) have a lot of their own work, so I'm trying

to implemet it myself.

Many greetings and thanks,
M.K.

--
Economics is the only field in which two people can get a Nobel Prize
for saying exactly the opposite things.