* index -- one more question
@ 2000-09-19  9:29 Michal Kvasnicka
From: Michal Kvasnicka @ 2000-09-19  9:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Good morning.

By the way, is is possible to say somewhere to ConTeXt "here starts the
text
covered in a index topic" and later to say "here it stops"? In ohter
words to be able
to put to index a whole section e. g.

For example, I'd like to say it starts here (on page 24) and later it
stops here (on page 35).
In the output I'd like to get

    penize, 24-35

It works somehow in LaTeX. Can I do it in ConTeXt too? How?

Many thanks you all.

Michal Kvasnicka

P.S. Excuse me for using so many words, but my English is not very
good--somethimes
it's hard for me to express myself. :-(

--
Economics is the only field in which two people can get a Nobel Prize
for saying exactly the opposite things.

* Re: index -- one more question
@ 2000-09-19 14:43 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2000-09-19 14:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Context

At 11:29 AM 9/19/00 +0200, Michal Kvasnicka wrote:
>Good morning.
>
>By the way, is is possible to say somewhere to ConTeXt "here starts the
>text
>covered in a index topic" and later to say "here it stops"? In ohter
>words to be able
>to put to index a whole section e. g.
>
>For example, I'd like to say it starts here (on page 24) and later it
>stops here (on page 35).
>In the output I'd like to get

>    penize, 24-35
>
>It works somehow in LaTeX. Can I do it in ConTeXt too? How?

\startregister[index][penize]{penize] ........

\stopregister[index][penize]

will do the job (i hope),

Hans
                                                  Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

* Re: index -- one more question
@ 2000-09-20 19:21   ` Hraban
From: Hraban @ 2000-09-20 19:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans Hagen wrote:
> \startregister[index][penize]{penize] ........
>
> \stopregister[index][penize]

And you can leave out the [index], if you don't use an other register.

(But it would me nice, it the program could "join" the page numbers by
itself.)

*corvus tecum*
  -_hraban_-

* Re: index -- one more question
@ 2000-09-22 19:48     ` Hraban
From: Hraban @ 2000-09-22 19:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hraban wrote:
> And you can leave out the [index], if you don't use an other register.

Sorry -- forget that. I mixed it up.
And I don't know, however it works right...

*corvus tecum*
  -_hraban_-