From: Peter.Andree@t-online.de
Subject: btex and etex
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2000 23:21:25 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi to all,
I have an unsolved problem using the ways Hans
indicated in his book METAFUN. I would like to use the command
        texexec --mptex myfile.mp
because of the commands btex $ .... $ etex in the label-part.
Unfortunately I get all the time the message:

This is MetaPost, Version 0.641 (MiKTeX 1.20e (Snapshot build
187)) (preloaded mem=plain 2000.9.18)  24 SEP 2000 22:55
**D:\ModernArt\test-file.mp (D:\ModernArt\test-file.mp
>> D:\ModernArt\test-file.mp
>> D:\ModernArt\test-file.mpx
! Unable to make mpx file. l.3   dotlabel (btex
                     $\frac{x}{y}$ etex,(50,50));
The two files given above are one of your source files and an
auxiliary file I need to read to find out what your btex..etex
blocks mean. If you don't know why I had trouble, try running it
manually through MPtoTeX, TeX, and DVItoMP

I can't find the reason. The attempt to try it with TeX failed.
I'm running WIN 2000, 128 MB RAM, MiKTeX (LaTeX 1999) and
ConTeXt (Ver. 29.05.2000).

Thanks for help, regards Peter.

Peter Andree, Unterriessstr. 4, D-78465 Konstanz
<http://home.t-online.de/home/peter.andree>
<http://www.ksk.ch/mathematik/mathonline>