* Problems with quote and quotation
@ 2000-10-05  0:10 Uwe Koloska
From: Uwe Koloska @ 2000-10-05  0:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

in the beta manuals index and on this list there was mentioned a command
\setupquotation that does not exist.

The following minimal text shows some unexpected results:

--- snip ---
\setupquote[style=italic,before=\hairline,after=\hairline]

\starttext
Why does this not give a quotation in italics? \quotation{Hey, I am a
placeholder.} \quote{And I am, too.} Why can't I setup quotations?
\startquotation
Another citation now on its own line
\stopquotation
Here a line of normal text that says nothing but makes hopefully a
linefull of meaningless characters.
\stoptext
--- snip ---

- the \quotation{} isn't affected at all. How can I setup this?
- the \quote is affected, but how can I get quotationmarks around the qoute
  _and_ set it in italics?  In general: How can I combine some styles
  (color, font and quotationmarks)
- where is the indentation that is shown in the manual?
- what do I have to do to make the spacing below the quotation and the
  \hairline as the above one?

I have version 2000.9.21.

Uwe

BTW: Why is the default for \em set to slanted?

--
mailto:koloska@rcs.urz.tu-dresden.de
http://rcswww.urz.tu-dresden.de/~koloska/