* MetaPost inclusion - change?
@ 2000-11-02  7:55 Michal Kvasnicka
From: Michal Kvasnicka @ 2000-11-02  7:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Good morning.

I found some (possible) change between the last version of ConTeXt
I used and the current one (ver: 2000.9.21).

When I have some jobname (let's say bum.tex) and the same MetaPost
source (let's say bum.mp), ConTeXt is not willing to include MetaPost
figures (e. g. bum.1). It complaines:
    figures        : suffix bum by figure dvi is not handled
    figures        : figure bum can not be found
Is it bug or a feature? What does mean the error message?

Many thanks,
Michal Kvasnicka

P.S. Dear Mr. Hagen, after configuring my new computer I'll see the
\definereference problem you asked me to to try. I'm sorry for
not answering earlier. M.K.

--
Economics is the only field in which two people can get a Nobel Prize
for saying exactly the opposite things.

* Re: MetaPost inclusion - change?
@ 2000-11-02 11:07 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2000-11-02 11:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Context

At 08:55 AM 11/2/00 +0100, Michal Kvasnicka wrote:
>Good morning.
>
>I found some (possible) change between the last version of ConTeXt
>I used and the current one (ver: 2000.9.21).
>
>When I have some jobname (let's say bum.tex) and the same MetaPost
>source (let's say bum.mp), ConTeXt is not willing to include MetaPost
>figures (e. g. bum.1). It complaines:
>    figures        : suffix bum by figure dvi is not handled

should be           : suffix dvi by figure bum is not handled

>    figures        : figure bum can not be found
>Is it bug or a feature? What does mean the error message?

Now, the message is somewhat confusing (i'll change it) and has to do with
the fact that a figure file with the same name as the jobname is very
dangerous, especially for some suffixes (tex, pdf), but even for mp, where
a temp file with jobname.<suffix> can be created, so to prevent any
potential problem, context will not support figure names with the jobname.
The second message is there because after disabling, the machinery still
runs so that we get the normal missing figure.

Hans
                                                  Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE