* eqnarray in ConTEXt?
@ 2000-11-22 20:01 David Hansen
From: David Hansen @ 2000-11-22 20:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

is there something like the LaTEX command 'eqnarry' in ConTEXt? I want
to write some formulas among each other with the equal sign at the same
(horizontal) position.

David

--
e-post: david.hansen@physik.fu-berlin.de
  --  http://www.physik.fu-berlin.de/~dhansen  --

* Re: eqnarray in ConTEXt?
@ 2000-11-22 21:53 ` David Arnold
From: David Arnold @ 2000-11-22 21:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

David,

I use the TeX command \eqalign. Here is a sample.

\placeformula[-]
 \startformula
  \eqalign{%
  x&=2+2t,\cr
  y&=3-3t.}
 \stopformula

There is a math module, but it is sort of experimental with minimal
documentation. It seems to be on the back burner as many other projects
have more urgent priorty. So I stick with plain TeX code. It works very
nicely, though I deeply miss the constructs of AMSTeX.

@ 2000-11-22 23:22   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2000-11-22 23:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

David wrote:

>documentation. It seems to be on the back burner as many other projects
>have more urgent priorty. So I stick with plain TeX code. It works very

I may find a moment next month, since we have a project that can benefit
from it,

Hans

                                                  Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

* Re: eqnarray in ConTEXt?
@ 2000-11-23  6:49 ` Michal Kvasnicka
From: Michal Kvasnicka @ 2000-11-23  6:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

David Hansen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> is there something like the LaTEX command 'eqnarry' in ConTEXt? I want
> to write some formulas among each other with the equal sign at the same
> (horizontal) position.

For numbered equations try:

\placeformula
    $$\eqalignno{
        M  &= S+D&\formulenummer[eq:M-purecom]\cr
        S' &= S+S_b = S + R&\formulenummer[eq:S-purecom]\cr }
    $$\par

\placeformula is used as documented. \equalignno is plainTeX macro,
therefore
is is documented in standard books (e.g. TeXBook). Three terms must be
present
for every row (separated with `&'): the left side of the equation, the
right side
and (possibly) the equation number. ConTeXt command \formulenummer can
be used for this purpose. Every line must end with \cr plainTeX macro.

Many greetings
M.K.

--
Economics is the only field in which two people can get a Nobel Prize
for saying exactly the opposite things.

* Re: eqnarray in ConTEXt?
@ 2000-11-23 17:14   ` Hraban
From: Hraban @ 2000-11-23 17:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

David Arnold wrote:
> There is a math module, but it is sort of experimental with minimal
> documentation. It seems to be on the back burner as many other projects
> have more urgent priorty. So I stick with plain TeX code. It works very
> nicely, though I deeply miss the constructs of AMSTeX.

I thought, the math module would implement most of AMSTeX
(or is based on)?

(puzzled)
Grüßlis vom Hraban!
---
http://angerweit.tikon.ch/lieder/
http://www.planet-interkom.de/fiee.visuelle/formelsammlung.html

* Re: eqnarray in ConTEXt?
@ 2000-11-24  8:52     ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2000-11-24  8:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hraban wrote:

> I thought, the math module would implement most of AMSTeX
> (or is based on)?

The math module is based on the breqn package, which doesnt have the old
AMSTeX top-level constructs but instead does automatic line breaking in
formulas. It *does* implement most of the AMSTeX low-level stuff like
\overset. Currently, I have no time to work on it, the bib module needs
more immediate attention.

--
groeten,

Taco