* Underlined header
@ 2000-11-23  9:21 Tobias Burnus
From: Tobias Burnus @ 2000-11-23  9:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I was asked why this doesn't work (ConTeXt becomes increasently more used
at our Physical Department!!!!):

\setupheader[text][style=\sc, after=\hairline]

\def\SFT{\startframedtext[frame=off,bottomframe=on]}
\setupheader[text]
[style=\sc,before=\SFT,
after=\stopframedtext]

In both cases the line is too far left.

Tobias

* Re: Underlined header
@ 2000-11-23 10:04 ` Tobias Burnus
From: Tobias Burnus @ 2000-11-23 10:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

> \setupheader[text][style=\sc, after=\hairline]
> \def\SFT{\startframedtext[frame=off,bottomframe=on]}
> \setupheader[text]
> [style=\sc,before=\SFT,
> after=\stopframedtext]

Ok, I found the solution myself:
\setupbackgrounds[header][frame=off,bottomframe=on]

Tobias

* Re: Underlined header
@ 2000-11-24 10:38         ` Hraban
From: Hraban @ 2000-11-24 10:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Tobias Burnus wrote:
> > >Another thing: How do I shorten very long headers?
> > maxwidth=.75\textwidth
> I thought [chapter] texts which are very long and span more than the size
> left to the pagenumber.

I use \nolist{}

Grüßlis vom Hraban!
---
http://angerweit.tikon.ch/lieder/
http://www.planet-interkom.de/fiee.visuelle/formelsammlung.html

* Re: Underlined header
@ 2000-11-23 14:19       ` Tobias Burnus
From: Tobias Burnus @ 2000-11-23 14:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Hallo Hans, hi all,

       [not found]   ` <Pine.BSF.4.30.0011231222390.93741-100000@warp9.physik.fu-b erlin.de>
@ 2000-11-23 14:06     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2000-11-23 14:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 12:51 PM 11/23/00 +0100, Tobias Burnus wrote:
>Hallo Hans,
>
>> Concerning
>> 'framedtext', that one is meant for runnign texts, since it does some space
>> optimization. before=\framed[...]\bgroup after=\egroup would do a better
>> job [or \inframed]
>\setupheader[text]
>            [style=\sc,
>	    before={\inframed[frame=off,bottomframe=on]\bgroup},
>	     after=\egroup]
>
>produces a nice line (just below the writting, not at the bottom of the
>header box as \setupbackgrounds does), but it spans not only the textwidth
>but the complete pagewidth, why?

i have to look into it and maybe set the \hsize more explicitly, you can
say: width=\makeupwidth

>Another thing: How do I shorten very long headers?

maxwidth=.75\textwidth

and alike [for left and right]; this also works in list entries.

Hans
                                                  Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

* Re: Underlined header
@ 2000-11-23 11:51   ` Tobias Burnus
       [not found]   ` <Pine.BSF.4.30.0011231222390.93741-100000@warp9.physik.fu-b erlin.de>
From: Tobias Burnus @ 2000-11-23 11:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Hallo Hans,

       [not found] <Pine.BSF.4.30.0011231021110.4143-100000@ringo.physik.fu-be rlin.de>
@ 2000-11-23 11:12 ` Hans Hagen
       [not found]   ` <Pine.BSF.4.30.0011231222390.93741-100000@warp9.physik.fu-b erlin.de>
From: Hans Hagen @ 2000-11-23 11:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 10:21 AM 11/23/00 +0100, Tobias Burnus wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I was asked why this doesn't work (ConTeXt becomes increasently more used
>at our Physical Department!!!!):
>
>\setupheader[text][style=\sc, after=\hairline]
>
>\def\SFT{\startframedtext[frame=off,bottomframe=on]}
>\setupheader[text]
>[style=\sc,before=\SFT,
>after=\stopframedtext]
>
>In both cases the line is too far left.

This has to do with a hairline being typeset at \hsize etc, indeed as you
say in the other mail, using backgrounds is a far better way, especially
since it does not interfere in any sense with whatever. Concerning