* Newbie: Disabling Hyphenation
@ 2000-12-20 16:34 Max Lambertini
From: Max Lambertini @ 2000-12-20 16:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello, all

I'm a novice ConTeX user, and I really like its flexibility and power. However, I would like
to know how to disable hyphenation in headlines. I tried align=left and didn't work.

Any suggestions?

BTW, this list's archive is really helpful! I solved some problems just by browsing through
past messages!

Thanks in advance,

Saluti,
Max Lambertini (maxl69@supereva.it)

* Re: Newbie: Disabling Hyphenation
@ 2000-12-20 17:25 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2000-12-20 17:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 05:34 PM 12/20/00 +0100, Max Lambertini wrote:
>Hello, all
>
>I'm a novice ConTeX user, and I really like its flexibility and power.
However, I would like
>to know how to disable hyphenation in headlines. I tried align=left and
didn't work.

>Any suggestions?

Given that you run a recent version [you can get the latest from the beta
page]

align={left,nothyphenated}

other options: hyphenated, hanging, nothanging [hanging deals with
protruding chars, a new pdftex feature]

Hans
                                                  Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

* Re: Newbie: Disabling Hyphenation
@ 2000-12-20 18:55 ` Hraban
From: Hraban @ 2000-12-20 18:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Max Lambertini wrote:
> I'm a novice ConTeX user, and I really like its flexibility and power. However, I would like
> to know how to disable hyphenation in headlines. I tried align=left and didn't work.

Try \nohyphens and
\setuptolerance[horizontal,verytolerant]

But myself I had to wrap some titles ba hand with \crlf to
completely prevent wrapping.

Grüßlis vom Hraban!

* Re: Newbie: Disabling Hyphenation
@ 2000-12-20 19:29   ` Hraban
From: Hraban @ 2000-12-20 19:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans Hagen wrote:
> align={left,nothyphenated}

What a pity, that you didn't implement this two months earlier... ;-/

Grüßlis vom Hraban!
---
http://angerweit.tikon.ch/
http://www.planet-interkom.de/fiee.visuelle/formelsammlung.html

* Re: Newbie: Disabling Hyphenation
@ 2000-12-21  9:19     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2000-12-21  9:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ConTeXt

At 08:29 PM 12/20/00 +0100, Hraban wrote:
>Hans Hagen wrote:
>> align={left,nothyphenated}
>
>What a pity, that you didn't implement this two months earlier... ;-/

It may have been there .... undocumented; i added it when i wrote the
article for the maps on protruding.
Hans
                                                  Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE