* "Horizontal Column" Layout?
@ 2000-12-20 18:45 Hraban
From: Hraban @ 2000-12-20 18:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Heigh ho!

I catched a mail from the german TeX ML, forwarded from
a LyX list...
I'd like to answer (once again), that this is an easy task
for ConTeXt. May I? ;-)

--- start forward ---
I mean, the top half of the page should contain the main
text, the other half should contain footnotes. Lines in
the main text should be numbered every 5th (not all lines,
the standard edition works in that funny way). But footnotes
should refer the real line number (no marks, not
autonumbered, the footnote has to refer just the line number
in the current page)
I have no clue how can it be done, and I know lots of philologists
looking for the same answer.
LA Garcia
--- stop forward ---

Someone suggested a plain TeX solution named edmac.

Grüßlis vom Hraban!
---
http://angerweit.tikon.ch/
http://www.planet-interkom.de/fiee.visuelle/formelsammlung.html

* Re: "Horizontal Column" Layout?
@ 2000-12-21  8:52 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2000-12-21  8:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hraban wrote:

> Heigh ho!
>
> I catched a mail from the german TeX ML, forwarded from
> a LyX list...
> I'd like to answer (once again), that this is an easy task
> for ConTeXt. May I? ;-)

Watch out with this stuff :-). Two hours later someone wants footnotes
to the footnotes and all of sudden you are stuck (this is one of
the things edmac does very well).

--
groeten,

Taco

* Re: "Horizontal Column" Layout?
@ 2000-12-21  9:30 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2000-12-21  9:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ConTeXt

At 07:45 PM 12/20/00 +0100, Hraban wrote:
>Heigh ho!
>
>I catched a mail from the german TeX ML, forwarded from
>a LyX list...
>I'd like to answer (once again), that this is an easy task
>for ConTeXt. May I? ;-)
>
>--- start forward ---
>I mean, the top half of the page should contain the main
>text, the other half should contain footnotes. Lines in
>the main text should be numbered every 5th (not all lines,
>the standard edition works in that funny way). But footnotes
>should refer the real line number (no marks, not
>autonumbered, the footnote has to refer just the line number
>in the current page)
>I have no clue how can it be done, and I know lots of philologists
>looking for the same answer.
>LA Garcia
>--- stop forward ---

 \setuplinenumbering
  [step=5]

\starttext

\startlinenumbering
I mean, the top half of the page should
contain the main \startline[def]text, the other half should
contain footnotes. Lines in the main text should be
numbered every 5th (not all lines, the standard
\startline[abc]edition works in that funny way). But
footnotes should refer the real line\stopline [abc] number
(no marks, not autonumbered, the footnote has to refer just
the line number in the current page) \stopline[def]I have
no clue how can it be done, and I know lots of philologists
looking for the same answer.

I mean, the top half of the page should contain the main
\startline[hij]text, the other half should contain
footnotes\stopline[hij]. Lines in the main text should be
numbered every 5th (not all lines, the standard
\startline[abc]edition works in that funny way). But
footnotes should refer the real line number (no marks, not
autonumbered, the footnote has to refer just the line
number in the current page) I have no clue how can it be
done, and I know lots of philologists looking for the same
answer.
\stoplinenumbering

I'm not sure what is meant in \inline[def], \inline[hij] and
\inline[abc]. \footnote{Do you understand \inline[def] and
\inline[abc] or maybe \inline[hij]?}

\stoptext

                                                  Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

* Re: "Horizontal Column" Layout?
@ 2000-12-22 18:11   ` Hraban
From: Hraban @ 2000-12-22 18:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans Hagen wrote:
>  \setuplinenumbering
>   [step=5]

typical simple ConTeXt solution! :-)

> \starttext
>
> \startlinenumbering
> I mean, the top half of the page should
> done, and I know lots of philologists looking for the same
> answer.
> \stoplinenumbering
>
> I'm not sure what is meant in \inline[def], \inline[hij] and
> \inline[abc]. \footnote{Do you understand \inline[def] and
> \inline[abc] or maybe \inline[hij]?}
>
> \stoptext

Do I understand this right, that one must split the text "by hand"
for every page?

---
Season's Greetings!
I'm looking forward to co-working with you at the meeting in Rosenheim!
I don't know, what Luzia Dietsche wrote to you already -- we should
"talk" about this next year.

Grüßlis vom Hraban!
---