* math fonts
@ 2001-01-29 18:09 Albrecht Kauffmann
From: Albrecht Kauffmann @ 2001-01-29 18:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

I am faced with a problem with fonts in formulas, when the bodyfont is
8-bit-encoded:

\setupoutput[pdftex]
\setupbodyfont [aer,10pt]
\starttext
$ \Gamma \Delta \Theta$
\stoptext

With other 8-bit-fonts like e.g. lbr I get the same result: `'^
Only with cmr as bodyfont I get the right characters. But with cmr arise
problems with the hypenation in german language.

Can somebody give me a hint?

With many thanks in progress
Albrecht

* Re: math fonts
@ 2001-01-30 11:09 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2001-01-30 11:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 07:09 PM 1/29/01 +0100, Albrecht Kauffmann wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I am faced with a problem with fonts in formulas, when the bodyfont is
>8-bit-encoded:
>
>\setupoutput[pdftex]
>\setupbodyfont [aer,10pt]
>\starttext
>$ \Gamma \Delta \Theta$
>\stoptext
>
>With other 8-bit-fonts like e.g. lbr I get the same result: `'^
>Only with cmr as bodyfont I get the right characters. But with cmr arise
>problems with the hypenation in german language.
>
>Can somebody give me a hint?

Hm. These are positioned in the lower part of as the crm fonts. And, since
[out of lazyness] the aer fonts def uses the cmr ones by remapping the
names, the ec encoded cmr* fonts are not that suites for math. Sigh. But,
since there is some machinery for independent math fonts, we can redefine
that part. But, since cmr10 is now aer10, we have to make sure that we
bypass the mapper, which can be done [hack hack hack] with a space in front.

% hack to prevent mapping of filenames, watch the space!

\definebodyfont [12pt] [mm] [mr= cmr12]
\definebodyfont [11pt] [mm] [mr= cmr10 at 11pt]
\definebodyfont [10pt] [mm] [mr= cmr10]
\definebodyfont  [9pt] [mm] [mr= cmr9]
\definebodyfont  [8pt] [mm] [mr= cmr8]
\definebodyfont  [7pt] [mm] [mr= cmr7]
\definebodyfont  [6pt] [mm] [mr= cmr6]
\definebodyfont  [5pt] [mm] [mr= cmr5]
\definebodyfont  [4pt] [mm] [mr= cmr5]

\definebodyfont [14.4pt,17.3pt,20.7pt] [mm] [mr= cmr12 sa 1]

Later this year those symbols will be mappen in other ways anyway.

Either add these lines at the end of font-aer or better at the end of
font-cmr and regenerate the format.

If you want to default to aer:

texexec --make --bodyfont=aer

will embed these defs

Hans
                                  Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: math fonts
@ 2001-01-30 13:19   ` S2P development
From: S2P development @ 2001-01-30 13:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans Hagen wrote:

> that part. But, since cmr10 is now aer10, we have to make sure that we
> bypass the mapper, which can be done [hack hack hack] with a space in front.

<internal>
Hans,

I think the mapper comes into action too late. It makes much more sense
to do the binding to mapped names at an earlier stage (somewhere inside
definebodyfont). That would prevent this weird hack.
</internal>

Make sure you do the \definebodyfonts *before* the call to
\setupbodyfont, or there will not be any change.

> \definebodyfont [14.4pt,17.3pt,20.7pt] [mm] [mr= cmr12 sa 1]

This line doesnt work. 'sa' is not low-level enough and ends up
being typeset. You need three separate lines using 'at' instead:

\definebodyfont [14.4pt] [mm] [mr= cmr12 at 14.4pt]
\definebodyfont [17.3pt] [mm] [mr= cmr12 sa 17.3pt]
\definebodyfont [20.7pt] [mm] [mr= cmr12 sa 20.7pt]

Greetings,

Taco

* Re: math fonts
@ 2001-01-30 15:20     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2001-01-30 15:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 02:19 PM 1/30/01 +0100, S2P development wrote:
>Hans Hagen wrote:
>>
>> that part. But, since cmr10 is now aer10, we have to make sure that we
>> bypass the mapper, which can be done [hack hack hack] with a space in
front.

><internal>
>Hans,
>
>I think the mapper comes into action too late. It makes much more sense
>to do the binding to mapped names at an earlier stage (somewhere inside
>definebodyfont). That would prevent this weird hack.
></internal>

<foryoureyesonly>
hm. the problem is that it is fully recursive, so it needs some deep
non-recursive thinking
</foryoureyesonly>

>Make sure you do the \definebodyfonts *before* the call to
>\setupbodyfont, or there will not be any change.
>
>> \definebodyfont [14.4pt,17.3pt,20.7pt] [mm] [mr= cmr12 sa 1]
>
>This line doesnt work. 'sa' is not low-level enough and ends up
>being typeset. You need three separate lines using 'at' instead:
>
>\definebodyfont [14.4pt] [mm] [mr= cmr12 at 14.4pt]
>\definebodyfont [17.3pt] [mm] [mr= cmr12 sa 17.3pt]
>\definebodyfont [20.7pt] [mm] [mr= cmr12 sa 20.7pt]

oeps. thanks for testing

Hans
                                  Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* combined header texts
@ 2001-01-30 23:57       ` Albrecht Kauffmann
From: Albrecht Kauffmann @ 2001-01-30 23:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

can someone, please,  give me advice how to create headertexts, which
should to content the chapternumber, the sectionnumber and the section?
That is, e.g. "1.1 Einführung".

With many thanks in progress
Albrecht

* Re: combined header texts
@ 2001-01-31  5:17         ` Berend de Boer
From: Berend de Boer @ 2001-01-31  5:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Albrecht Kauffmann wrote:

 > can someone, please,  give me advice how to create headertexts, which
 > should to content the chapternumber, the sectionnumber and the
 > section? That is, e.g. "1.1 Einführung".

Here an example:

\setupfooter
   [style=\sl]

\setupheader
   [style=\sl]

\setupheadertexts
   [chapter][section]

\setupfootertexts
   [My document][]

See docs for valid contents of \setupheadertexts and \setupfootertexts.

Groetjes,

Berend. (-:

* Re: combined header texts
@ 2001-01-31  9:48           ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2001-01-31  9:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: alkauffm, ntg-context

At 06:17 AM 1/31/01 +0100, Berend de Boer wrote:
>Albrecht Kauffmann wrote:
>
> > can someone, please,  give me advice how to create headertexts, which
> > should to content the chapternumber, the sectionnumber and the
> > section? That is, e.g. "1.1 Einführung".
>
>Here an example:
>

>\setupfooter
>   [style=\sl]
>
>\setupheader
>   [style=\sl]
>
>\setupheadertexts
>   [chapter][section]
>
>\setupfootertexts
>   [My document][]
>

>See docs for valid contents of \setupheadertexts and \setupfootertexts.

You can also explicitly ask for a marking,

\setupheadertexts
  [{\getmarking[sectionnumber}\quad{\getmarking[section]}]
  []

an optional second arg let you specify what specific mark you want

\getmarking[section][first last previous both all]