* RFC: ConTeXt/MathML: Alternative representations
@ 2001-03-12  7:16 Tobias Burnus
From: Tobias Burnus @ 2001-03-12  7:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

i,

I would like to collect a list of needed alternative representations for
the MathML engine of ConTeXt. For a detail list have a look at the DVI
file. I mean things like "otherwiese" => (e.g. German) "sonst" and \grad
vs. \nabla. -----> For a detailed list see attachment (first draft).

Maybe this thread could also be used to track/collect some bugs or
misbehaviours of ConTeXt's MathML support.

Could someone who knows the American school books please try the
<menclose/> and tell me/us whether ConTeXt makes it correctly. I have a
vague fealing that the example in the MathML reference, sect.3.3.9 is
not very good. (Maybe send a .png to illustrate).

Another RFC: Which annotation encodings should ConTeXt support? TeX,
tex, ConTeXt, context, ...
I think presently only TeX is supported. (For hyperlinks etc. "ConTeXt"
would also be nice).

Bugs in ConTeXt:

- The \max\{ ·  \} should use a \left / \right before the braces, you
see why on page 35 of the mmlprimer.pdf

- (not MML): The column serparating lines in the TOC of mmlprimer are
one line too short. The column in the middle is one line longer than the
others this might cause this -- in my optinion -- misbehaviour.
Or how should this be handled, what is the typographs opinion?

Ciao from Bologna,

Tobias

PS: I seems that I will give a lecture on MathML at EuroTeX ;-)