* fix pages
@ 2001-05-11 14:20 P. van Kranenburg
From: P. van Kranenburg @ 2001-05-11 14:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

Is it possible to fix a couple of pages (that are numbered
separately) at a certain point, but in such a way that the
original numbering and text continues after the inserted
pages. Something like:

14 15 16 I II III IV V VI VII VIII 17 18 19
or
30 31 32 I II III IV V VI VII VIII 33 34 35

I'm typesetting a book with one gathering (8 pages) with
colored illustrations. All the illustrations in the book
are numbered consecutively (outside the color-gathering are
black-and-white illustrations). So when I insert text and
illustrations before the color-gathering the numbers of
the color-illustrations should be different, but not the
(real) pagenumbers!

Hope I'm clear enough (the english language is not my greatest skill)

greetings,
Peter van Kranenburg

* Re: fix pages
@ 2001-05-11 15:54 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2001-05-11 15:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 04:20 PM 5/11/01 +0200, P. van Kranenburg wrote:
>Hello,
>
>Is it possible to fix a couple of pages (that are numbered
>separately) at a certain point, but in such a way that the
>original numbering and text continues after the inserted
>pages. Something like:
>
>14 15 16 I II III IV V VI VII VIII 17 18 19
>or
>30 31 32 I II III IV V VI VII VIII 33 34 35
>
>I'm typesetting a book with one gathering (8 pages) with
>colored illustrations. All the illustrations in the book
>are numbered consecutively (outside the color-gathering are
>black-and-white illustrations). So when I insert text and
>illustrations before the color-gathering the numbers of
>the color-illustrations should be different, but not the
>(real) pagenumbers!
>
>Hope I'm clear enough (the english language is not my greatest skill)

There are many ways to handle it, like this one:

% output=pdftex

\starttext

\setupheadertexts[pagenumber]

test \page test \page test \page

\start
  \setuppagenumber[state=stop]
  \setupheadertexts[I]
  \startstandardmakeup[headerstate=start]  color \stopstandardmakeup
  \setupheadertexts[II]
  \startstandardmakeup[headerstate=start]  color \stopstandardmakeup
  \setupheadertexts[III]
  \startstandardmakeup[headerstate=start]  color \stopstandardmakeup
  \setupheadertexts[IV]
  \startstandardmakeup[headerstate=start]  color \stopstandardmakeup
  \setupheadertexts[V]
  \startstandardmakeup[headerstate=start]  color \stopstandardmakeup
  \setuppagenumber[state=start]
\stop

test \page test \page test

\stoptext

alternatively one can do things like: \setuppagenumber[number=-8], use
subpage numbers for counting the roman range, but this is probably overkill
for what you want.

you may need to add doublesided=no to the settings of standard makeup.

Hans

                                  Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: fix pages
@ 2001-05-11 18:07   ` P. van Kranenburg
From: P. van Kranenburg @ 2001-05-11 18:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans Hagen wrote:

> \starttext
>
> \setupheadertexts[pagenumber]
>
> test \page test \page test \page
>
> \start
>   \setuppagenumber[state=stop]
>   \setupheadertexts[I]
>   \startstandardmakeup[headerstate=start]  color \stopstandardmakeup
>   \setupheadertexts[II]
>   \startstandardmakeup[headerstate=start]  color \stopstandardmakeup
>   \setupheadertexts[III]
>   \startstandardmakeup[headerstate=start]  color \stopstandardmakeup
>   \setupheadertexts[IV]
>   \startstandardmakeup[headerstate=start]  color \stopstandardmakeup
>   \setupheadertexts[V]
>   \startstandardmakeup[headerstate=start]  color \stopstandardmakeup
>   \setuppagenumber[state=start]
> \stop
>
> test \page test \page test
>
> \stoptext

But now, when I insert pages before the group, the first page of the
group will get another "realpagenumber". In my case the first page of
the group must be "realpage" 33, because at that page a new gathering
starts.
Just wondering if there is a elegant way to handle this.
If this isn't possible, I'll insert this group of pages when the
preceding text will not change anymore.

greetings
Peter van Kranenburg

* Re: fix pages
@ 2001-05-12  7:22     ` Berend de Boer
From: Berend de Boer @ 2001-05-12  7:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

"P. van Kranenburg" <pvk@elektron.its.tudelft.nl> writes:

> But now, when I insert pages before the group, the first page of the
> group will get another "realpagenumber". In my case the first page of
> the group must be "realpage" 33, because at that page a new gathering
> starts.
> Just wondering if there is a elegant way to handle this.
> If this isn't possible, I'll insert this group of pages when the
> preceding text will not change anymore.

I think you  can set the page number with

\setuppagenumber
        [number=10]

I'm not sure what you mean with real page?

Groetjes,

Berend. (-:

* Re: fix pages
@ 2001-05-12  8:49       ` P. van Kranenburg
From: P. van Kranenburg @ 2001-05-12  8:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Berend de Boer wrote:

> "P. van Kranenburg" <pvk@elektron.its.tudelft.nl> writes:
>
> > But now, when I insert pages before the group, the first page of the
> > group will get another "realpagenumber". In my case the first page of
> > the group must be "realpage" 33, because at that page a new gathering
> > starts.
> > Just wondering if there is a elegant way to handle this.
> > If this isn't possible, I'll insert this group of pages when the
> > preceding text will not change anymore.
>
> I think you  can set the page number with
>
> \setuppagenumber
>         [number=10]
>
> I'm not sure what you mean with real page?

pagenumber  -1 -2 -3 -4 -5  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  I  II  III  9  10
real page    1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 11 12 13 14 15  16   17 18

I call it realpage because in ConTeX you can get it with \the\realpage
To say it in another way: I want a certain page to be the 33th page
in my output.

greetings
Peter van Kranenburg

* Re: fix pages
@ 2001-05-12 12:11         ` Berend de Boer
From: Berend de Boer @ 2001-05-12 12:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

"P. van Kranenburg" <pvk@elektron.its.tudelft.nl> writes:

> > I'm not sure what you mean with real page?
> >
> pagenumber  -1 -2 -3 -4 -5  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  I  II  III  9  10
> real page    1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 11 12 13 14 15  16   17 18
>
> I call it realpage because in ConTeX you can get it with \the\realpage
> To say it in another way: I want a certain page to be the 33th page
> in my output.

Perhaps write a loop that does a \page[yes] until the real page number
is correct?

Groetjes,

Berend. (-:

* Re: fix pages
@ 2001-05-13 13:29         ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2001-05-13 13:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 10:49 AM 5/12/01 +0200, P. van Kranenburg wrote:
>Berend de Boer wrote:
>>
>> "P. van Kranenburg" <pvk@elektron.its.tudelft.nl> writes:
>>
>> > But now, when I insert pages before the group, the first page of the
>> > group will get another "realpagenumber". In my case the first page of
>> > the group must be "realpage" 33, because at that page a new gathering
>> > starts.
>> > Just wondering if there is a elegant way to handle this.
>> > If this isn't possible, I'll insert this group of pages when the
>> > preceding text will not change anymore.
>>
>> I think you  can set the page number with
>>
>> \setuppagenumber
>>         [number=10]
>>
>> I'm not sure what you mean with real page?
>>
>pagenumber  -1 -2 -3 -4 -5  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  I  II  III  9  10
>real page    1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 11 12 13 14 15  16   17 18
>
>I call it realpage because in ConTeX you can get it with \the\realpage
>To say it in another way: I want a certain page to be the 33th page
>in my output.

given that you know how to handle the numbering [see earlier mails]:

\def\MyInsert%
  {\ifnum\realpageno=10
     \dorecurse{5}{whow \page}
   \fi}

\appendtoks \MyInsert \to \everyaftershipout

\starttext

\dorecurse{20}{test \page}

\stoptext

don't tell anyone about this hack, should be proper functionality.

@ 2001-05-14 23:34           ` P. van Kranenburg
From: P. van Kranenburg @ 2001-05-14 23:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans Hagen wrote:

> \def\MyInsert%
>   {\ifnum\realpageno=10
>      \dorecurse{5}{whow \page}
>    \fi}
>
> \appendtoks \MyInsert \to \everyaftershipout

This works great
Thanks,
Peter van Kranenburg