* Eqalignno (fwd)
@ 2001-05-11  9:50 AlterEgo Qasars
From: AlterEgo Qasars @ 2001-05-11  9:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Good morning to you all.

Some time ago I have posted this question. Since I've got
no answer (and this is very important for me -- I cannot
typeset a part of my PhD thesis without it), I'd like to
ask once more:

How can I typeset \eqalignno? In some previous version of ConTeXt this
stuff worked:

\placeformula $$\eqalignno{%
        M &= S+D&\formulenummer[eq:M-purecom]\cr
        S' &= S+S_b = S + R&\formulenummer[eq:S-purecom]\cr }$$\par

Now it doesn't. How can I typeset two nubered aligned formulas?

Many thanks,
M.K.

* Re: Eqalignno (fwd)
@ 2001-05-11 11:49 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2001-05-11 11:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

AlterEgo Qasars wrote:

> How can I typeset two nubered aligned formulas?

Don't use \placeformula (really, just delete the macro call
to \placeformula and it works)

--
groeten,

Taco

* Re: Eqalignno (fwd)
@ 2001-05-14 14:04   ` AlterEgo Qasars
From: AlterEgo Qasars @ 2001-05-14 14:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

> > How can I typeset two nubered aligned formulas?
>
> Don't use \placeformula (really, just delete the macro call
> to \placeformula and it works)

Hmm. But what about placing on the grid? And cross-references?
How they could be solved?

Many greetings and thanks for your answer
(but some more hints are needed). :-(

M.K.

* Re: Eqalignno (fwd)
@ 2001-05-15  8:07     ` S2P development
From: S2P development @ 2001-05-15  8:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

AlterEgo Qasars wrote:

> > > How can I typeset two nubered aligned formulas?
> >
> > Don't use \placeformula (really, just delete the macro call
> > to \placeformula and it works)
>
> Hmm. But what about placing on the grid? And cross-references?
> How they could be solved?

You have the cross-references from the equation numbers, so that
should not be a big problem. Placement on the grid has to be done
manually, The macro \toongrid (sorry, in dutch) is very helpful
there because it shows you where the baselines are.

Regarding this, and other math problems: Hans & I are working
hard to get a new math subsystem in place. We will not do any
fixes to the core as-it-is-now anymore, since that would be
counterproductive (the whole system is being rewritten and
redesigned so any extension we could do to the current situtation
would have to be be trown away anyway).

Greetings, Taco