From: Taco Hoekwater <taco@elvenkind.com>
Subject: Re: m-bib problems
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 09:35:06 +0000	[thread overview]

Eckhart Guthöhrlein wrote:

> I have some minor problems with the bibliography module.
>
> 1. A space after \cite[...] disappears in the output.

Strange. This keeps popping up and I can't find a reason in the source.
Try \cite[authoryears][...] please to see if this makes the proble go away.

> 2. My document is split up in products. The bbl file generated by bibtex
> is not read in automatically, whereas it is read in automatically for a
> test document which is not split up. I can \input the bbl file, of
> course, but it should be loaded implicitly, I think.

Insert a \dousepublications{\jobname} somewhere. Loading the bbl file is
currently connected to \starttext.

> 3. I do not get an entry in the table of contents for the reference
> list. Intentionally?

Yes. But there is probably an option to enable it  (It uses the standard
context list mechanism these days). Alternatively, use\placepublications
and invent your own heading.

> 4. \setupbibtex ignores sort=author and writes \bibstyle{cont-no} to the
> aux file. sort=title and sort=short work.

Try sort=auteur, please. This is one area where I have a conflict with
the multi-lingual interface, so perhaps the dutch keyword will help.

> 5. When I say \cite[Meier01,Meier01a], expecting the result (Meier et
> al., 2001, Meier et al., 2001a), I only get
> the second reference: (Meier et al., 2001a). If I take care of different
> article names by editing a={MeierA et~al.} in the bbl file, I get them
> both with the same \cite command.

This is a feature (but with a bug in it). It should have create the text
(Meier et al., 2001, 2001a). To disable the compression, use

\setupcite[authoryears][compress=no]

I'll try to look at the bug.