From: Taco Hoekwater <taco@elvenkind.com>
Subject: Re: m-bib problems
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 10:37:46 +0000	[thread overview]

Eckhart Guthöhrlein wrote:

> At 09:35 10.07.2001 +0000, you wrote:
>
>>> I have some minor problems with the bibliography module.
>>> 1. A space after \cite[...] disappears in the output.
>>

>> Strange. This keeps popping up and I can't find a reason in the source.
>> Try \cite[authoryears][...] please to see if this makes the proble go
>> away.
>
> Works.

Working on this with Hans ... to be continued

>>> 4. \setupbibtex ignores sort=author and writes \bibstyle{cont-no} to
>>> the aux file. sort=title and sort=short work.
>>

>> Try sort=auteur, please. This is one area where I have a conflict with
>> the multi-lingual interface, so perhaps the dutch keyword will help.
>

> No change, still \bibstlye{cont-no} in the aux file...

Another one for Hans, I think. Here is the code:

\def\setupbibtex{\dosingleempty\dosetupbibtex}

\def\dosetupbibtex[#1]%
   {\def\@@pbdatabase{}%
    \getparameters[\??pb][#1]
    \processaction[\@@pbsort]%
         [\v!nee=>\def\bibstyle{cont-no},
       \c!author=>\def\bibstyle{cont-au},
        \v!title=>\def\bibstyle{cont-ti},
        \v!short=>\def\bibstyle{cont-ab},
      \s!unknown=>\def\bibstyle{cont-no}]%
    \ifx\@@pbdatabase\empty\else \writeauxfile \fi
    }

% and also have this redef. elsewhere:

\startconstants dutch english

       author: author author
\stopconstants

What is wrong with that code?

>> \setupcite[authoryears][compress=no]
>>
>> I'll try to look at the bug.
>

> I suspected such a feature, which is of course desirable. Unfortunately,
> i can't disable it, \setupcite[authoryears][compress=no] has no effect,

Changing the line in bibl-apa.tex that sets \c!compress=\v!ja into
\v!nee. should do the trick. This is another bug.

> neither has \setupcite[][compress=no]. I have looked at input and output
> again, and it is (Meier et al., 2001a) instead of (Meier et al., 2001a,
> 2001b), what means that the second publication is omitted, not the first
> one, if this helps you.

The problem is probably related to the a,b suffixes.