* Re: Changing math fonts in ConTeXt
       [not found] <3B8E1936.4020500@naspers.com>
@ 2001-08-30 16:08 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2001-08-30 16:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context, taco

At 12:45 PM 8/30/2001 +0200, Willem H. K. Bester wrote:
>I am desperately trying to change the math italic font in ConTeXt to point
>to a Postscript typeface?  (I need to have the math in the same typeface
>as the text.)  I've gathered from the documentation that something must be
>possible, but so far I've failed to discover how.  Can you possibly point
>me in the right direction, please?

This is typical a question for taco since math italic fonts may have a
different char set than normal text.

Hans

                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: Changing math fonts in ConTeXt
@ 2001-09-03  8:02   ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2001-09-03  8:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Willem H. K. Bester, ntg-context

Hans Hagen wrote:

> At 12:45 PM 8/30/2001 +0200, Willem H. K. Bester wrote:
> >I am desperately trying to change the math italic font in ConTeXt to point
> >to a Postscript typeface?  (I need to have the math in the same typeface
> >as the text.)  I've gathered from the documentation that something must be
> >possible, but so far I've failed to discover how.  Can you possibly point
> >me in the right direction, please?
>
> This is typical a question for taco since math italic fonts may have a
> different char set than normal text.

You cannot just use any text font as a math italic font, you need to have
a special Math Italic font. If you have one installed and know it's TeX
name
(say from mathtime or mathptm), is should be very easy to use the font by
using the whole block that's about math in type-siz.tex (from
\starttypescript
math to \stoptypesccript). Put that section in a separate file and replace
the 'mi' font with yours.

--
groeten,

Taco