* \pagecomment and \comment
@ 2001-10-03 21:56 Tobias Burnus
From: Tobias Burnus @ 2001-10-03 21:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

preparing a presentation three problems/questions arose:

a) How can I switch off the \start|stopcomments
[Reasoning: For the computer-based presentation they should be off, for
the downloadable online version on]

b) How can I set the paperformat for pagecomments? The
\setuppapersize[S6][A4] before \setuppagecomment[state=start] is ignored
Additional problem area:
At present the problem is: If the pagecomment is longer than the
remaining space then it is cut of. A better solution would be to insert
an additional page which contains only the comments (alternative a) or
the same page again plus the remaining comments (alternative b).
BTW: In this case pagenumbering becomes interestingly. A nice idea would
be:
1,2,3a,3b,4 (where 3 has two pages of pagecomments).

c) How can I print the \comments?
[Reasoning: The comments are short annotations which are also for other
readers (see a) and the pagecomments are longer comments useful while
presenting. I'd like to be able to print all comments and pagecomments
in the pagecomment mode.]

Additionally I encountered these bugs:
a) comment: A 'ä' (\aumlaut) turns into a 'ä{}' which looks kind of
ugly.
b) The result of  \ entered is rather interesting:
   \type{foo} -> foo
   \CONTEXT -> ConTeXt
   http:\\www.pragma-ade.com -> http:\rwww.pragma-ade.com (\r = line
break)
   \type{http:\\foo/~bar/} -> \ttp:\rfoo/penalty 10000 bar/
   (Syntax for the right side: \ = \ and \r = line break)

   For completeness (produces an errormessage though):
   \copyright -> {lineskiplimit -maxdim unhbox ...[and so on]

   The copyright would be nice, but the '~' and '\\' are really missing.

Tobias

PS: Yes I know I want to much ;-)
--
This above all: To thine own self be true / And it must follow as
the night the day / Thou canst not then be false to any man.

* Re: \pagecomment and \comment
@ 2001-10-04 18:24 ` Berend de Boer
From: Berend de Boer @ 2001-10-04 18:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: NTG-ConTeXt

Tobias Burnus <burnus@net-b.de> writes:

> a) How can I switch off the \start|stopcomments
> [Reasoning: For the computer-based presentation they should be off, for
> the downloadable online version on]

Something like this?

\startnotmode[comment]
\def\startcomment\startbuffer
\def\stopcomment\stopbuffer
\stopmode

not sure this works, yuo get the idea I hope.

--
Groetjes,

Berend. (-: