Hans, The following minimum file does not paginate correctly. It overflows the second page. Removing the figure or the second level of itemization fixes the pagination. I have enclosed the text of the file and the file itself for ease of reproduction. I am using the latest stable version from i-installer. I actually think I have had this problem before but not tracked it down. TIA -- Nigel \starttext \placefigure [here] [fig:a] {big figure} {\externalfigure[koe][width=\textwidth,height=\textwidth]} \startitemize[packed,n] \dorecurse{10} {\item repeated} \startitemize[packed,a,columns] \dorecurse{10} {\item repeated indent} \stopitemize \stopitemize \dorecurse{7}{\input zapf \par\relax} \stoptext