* Re: another example of fonts (pk files not found)
@ 2002-01-27  1:00 Andreas Ulbrich
From: Andreas Ulbrich @ 2002-01-27  1:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I know that the font situation has been explained quite often and I have
also read the according manuals, but I didn't manage to install a font
properly. Hopefully some of came along the same problem and can offer a
quick solution.

At first I thought the problem arise from the fact that I use a font
converted from TTF. But I tried the procedure with an arbitrary Type1
font (Bitstream Charter ripped out of ghostscript) with the same result.

I installed the fonts with the following command

texfont --vendor=bitstream --collection=charter --make --install

This runs as expected. Then I instruct MikTeX to refresh its file
databases because texfont failes to do so (usage message is printed).

When trying to run texexec over the generated sample file context spits
out following messages:

Warning: pdfetex (file texnansi-raw-bchri): Font texnansi-raw-bchri at
600 not found
name: texnansi-raw-bchr, dpi=600, bdpi=600, mag=magstep(0.0)
makemf --verbose texnansi-raw-bchr
cannot find texnansi-raw-bchr source file.
ttf2pk -q -n texnansi-raw-bchr 600
hbf2gf -q -p texnansi-raw-bchr 600
Consulting F:\texmf\miktex\config\config.makepk...
Consulting F:\texmf\dvips\config\config.ps...
makepk: don't know how to make texnansi-raw-bchr.pk!

And the .log contains such lines:

Warning: pdfetex (file texnansi-raw-bchri): Font texnansi-raw-bchbi at
600 not found

So obviously pdfetex cannot build .pk files. As far as I (I'm a
(context|latex) user only, never really cared how it works behind the
scenes) understand these are rasterised versions of the font.

My questions are:

1. Why does pdfetex need rasterised font. I thought it uses vector fonts
only?

2. How can I get this working?

Ah yes: MikTex 2.6, latest context beta, Windows XP

Many thanks,

Andreas

[parent not found: <200202010047.BAA22628@smail.let.uu.nl>]