* new help page for beginners
@ 2002-01-30 16:17 Bill McClain
From: Bill McClain @ 2002-01-30 16:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have made a start on a help page:
http://home.salamander.com/~wmcclain/context-help.html.

It just covers the issues I have found difficult. There is quite a bit
about font selection and typescripts.

Please let me know if you see anything wrong or misleading. I'm still
very new at this.

-Bill

* Re: new help page for beginners
@ 2002-01-31  1:10 ` chenjf
From: chenjf @ 2002-01-31  1:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,Bill,
Your page is really very helpful for beginners like me
and I believe it will be better if you can finish the last
chapter,i.e.,Installing new fonts,since I am trying to
install new fonts for pdfTeX/ConTeXt and have not
much idea how to do that.

Regards,
Hugh

Chief Architect
SIDC,HPC

Phone:86-755-2136403
Fax:  86-755-2136347
Email:chenjf@softbay.com.cn

@ 2002-01-31  1:44   ` Frans Goddijn
From: Frans Goddijn @ 2002-01-31  1:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello Bill,

That looks very good!!! Thankyou for your efforts, I will no
doubt be a user of your pages.

I noticed that the ConTeXt installation describes how it's
done for linux users with commands that are somewhat alien
to me. I made a summary of the installation on my Windows,
shall I send the text to you in case you'd want to include
it?

> I noticed that the ConTeXt installation describes how it's
> done for linux users with commands that are somewhat alien
> to me. I made a summary of the installation on my Windows,
> shall I send the text to you in case you'd want to include
> it?

Please do. For text that others contribute, I would like to list it as
"this section contributed by xxx" with a real email link.

-Bill