* suppressing header and keeping footer
@ 2002-02-26 16:39 Bill McClain
From: Bill McClain @ 2002-02-26 16:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have a document with page numbers in the footer and other text in the
header. On the first page of a chapter I would like to suppress the
header but keep the page number. \setuphead[chapter][header=none] (or
header=empty) doesn't do what I would expect. The header is displayed on
the chapter page as well as the others. Am I using the wrong feature?

Here is a sample doc:

* * *
\setuppagenumbering
	[alternative=doublesided,
	location={footer, marginedge}]

\setuphead[chapter]
	[number=no,
	page=right,
	header=none]

\setupheadertexts
	[]
	[{\em{\getmarking[chapter]}}]
	[{\sc How I Did It}]
	[]

\starttext
\chapter{Introduction}
First page of chapter. Should have footer but no header.
\page
Second page of chapter. Should have header and footer.
\stoptext
* * *

-Bill