* m-bib: problems with several cited entries
@ 2002-03-09 12:55 Eckhart Guthöhrlein
From: Eckhart Guthöhrlein @ 2002-03-09 12:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

After updating to the latest context beta, I tried to recompile an older
file (11/2001). Citing several bib items in one \cite[..][bla1,bla2]
results into the error message below. Citing only one item
\cite[..][bla1] works fine.

Eckhart

! You can't use `macro parameter character #' in horizontal mode.
\p!doifinstringelse ...tringelse \@EA ##\@EA 1#1##
                                                   2##3\war {\unless \if
##2@...

\rawdodoifinsetelse ...ingelse \@@@instring {,#1,}
                                                   \@EA
\firstoftwoarguments ...

\addtocommalist #1#2->\rawdoifinsetelse {#1}#2
                                               \resetglobal {\dodoglobal
\ede...

\docomparemyauthor ... {\myauthor }\thebibauthors
                                                   \quitcommalist \fi
\else \...

\next2 #1,->\docomparemyauthor {#1}
                                    \doprocesscommaitem
\doprocesscommalist ...item \gobbleoneargument #1,
                                                   ]\relax \global
\advance \...
l.1225 ... \cite[authoryears][Boteva91,Idakieva93]
                                                   . Diese wurden
? e

* Re: m-bib: problems with several cited entries
@ 2002-03-11  9:03 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2002-03-11  9:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

On Sat, 09 Mar 2002 13:55:14 +0100
"Eckhart Guthöhrlein" <eckhart.guthoehrlein@uni-bielefeld.de> wrote:

> After updating to the latest context beta, I tried to recompile an older
> file (11/2001). Citing several bib items in one \cite[..][bla1,bla2]
> results into the error message below. Citing only one item
> \cite[..][bla1] works fine.
>
> Eckhart

I suspect Hans has changed something in one of the internal macros.
Cannot check right now since I don't have the beta installed.

--
groeten,

Taco

* Re: m-bib: problems with several cited entries
@ 2002-03-11 15:45   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-03-11 15:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: "Eckhart Guthöhrlein", ntg-context

At 10:03 AM 3/11/2002 +0100, Taco Hoekwater wrote:
>On Sat, 09 Mar 2002 13:55:14 +0100
>"Eckhart Guthöhrlein" <eckhart.guthoehrlein@uni-bielefeld.de> wrote:
>
> > After updating to the latest context beta, I tried to recompile an older
> > file (11/2001). Citing several bib items in one \cite[..][bla1,bla2]
> > results into the error message below. Citing only one item
> > \cite[..][bla1] works fine.
> >
> > Eckhart
>
>I suspect Hans has changed something in one of the internal macros.
>Cannot check right now since I don't have the beta installed.

maybe we need a minimal testing suite for the bib thing (maybe there's a
problem with some tricky comma list processing, since this module uses some
of the more obscure low level macros)

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl
                                   fall-back web server:
www.pragma-ade.nl

* Re: m-bib: problems with several cited entries
@ 2002-03-12 11:11   ` Peter Jander
From: Peter Jander @ 2002-03-12 11:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Date sent:      	Mon, 11 Mar 2002 16:45:22 +0100

To: 	Taco Hoekwater <<taco@elvenkind.com>

From:           	Hans Hagen <<pragma@wxs.nl>

Subject:        	Re: m-bib: problems with several cited entries

Copies to:      	"Eckhart Guthöhrlein"

 	<<eckhart.guthoehrlein@uni-bielefeld.de>,

  	ntg-context@ntg.nl

> >On Sat, 09 Mar 2002 13:55:14 +0100

> >"Eckhart Guthöhrlein" <<eckhart.guthoehrlein@uni-bielefeld.de> wrote:

> > > After updating to the latest context beta, I tried to recompile an older

> > > file (11/2001). Citing several bib items in one \cite[..][bla1,bla2]

> > > results into the error message below. Citing only one item

> > > \cite[..][bla1] works fine.

> > > Eckhart

> >I suspect Hans has changed something in one of the internal macros.

> >Cannot check right now since I don't have the beta installed.

> maybe we need a minimal testing suite for the bib thing (maybe there's a
> problem with some tricky comma list processing, since this module uses some

> of the more obscure low level macros)

</color>I am using version 2002.3.4 and I didn't get any error message.

However, I noticed that if you cite more than two items like
\cite[bla1,bla2,bla3,bla4], only the first two are put in the text [1-2],
even though all are in the bibliography (that is with numbered refs
and compression on).

I tracked that down to a bug in a macro called

\docompareitems in Syst-ext. The last line should read

instead of

\advance\scratchcounter \minusone}

otherwise an already sorted list will be reduced to the first two
elements .

Regards,

Peter</color>