* Creating a new page in the wiki
@ 2011-10-14 12:29 Marco
From: Marco @ 2011-10-14 12:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi,

I stumbled upon the problem of how to add a command to the
command reference in the wiki.  More general: How to add a
new page (not editing an existing one)?

Am I missing the obvious? What is the secret trick?

Marco

* Re: Creating a new page in the wiki
@ 2011-10-14 12:56 ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2011-10-14 12:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 2:29 PM, Marco <netuse@lavabit.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I stumbled upon the problem of how to add a command to the
> command reference in the wiki.  More general: How to add a
> new page (not editing an existing one)?
>
> Am I missing the obvious? What is the secret trick?
>
> Marco
>

> 1) log in with <your user name> (YourUserName in this case)
2) call <your new page> (NewPage in this case)
 http://wiki.contextgarden.net/User:YourUserName/NewPage
3) click on
http://wiki.contextgarden.net/index.php?title=User:YourUsername/NewPage&action=edit
--
luigi

* Re: Creating a new page in the wiki
@ 2011-10-14 14:13   ` Marco
From: Marco @ 2011-10-14 14:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 2011-10-14 luigi scarso <luigi.scarso@gmail.com> wrote:

> > I stumbled upon the problem of how to add a command to the
> > command reference in the wiki.  More general: How to add a
> > new page (not editing an existing one)?
> >
> > Am I missing the obvious? What is the secret trick?
> >
> > Marco
> >

> 1) log in with <your user name> (YourUserName in this case)
> 2) call <your new page> (NewPage in this case)
>  http://wiki.contextgarden.net/User:YourUserName/NewPage
> 3) click on
> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/index.php?title=User:YourUsername/NewPage&action=edit

That works, thanks. But I have two more questions.

1)
After having created a new page for Reference/en/whatever
How to add it to the command reference
http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Category:Reference/en ?

2)
How to delete pages?

@ 2011-10-14 14:20     ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2011-10-14 14:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 4:13 PM, Marco <netuse@lavabit.com> wrote:

> 2)
> How to delete pages?
>
> There is tab delete just near the head of the page (if you have the right
permission)

--
luigi

* Re: Creating a new page in the wiki
@ 2011-10-14 16:57       ` Marco
From: Marco @ 2011-10-14 16:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 2011-10-14 luigi scarso <luigi.scarso@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 4:13 PM, Marco <netuse@lavabit.com> wrote:
>

> > 2)
> > How to delete pages?
> >
> > There is tab delete just near the head of the page (if you have the right
> permission)

Hmm. I  don't see it.  Maybe I don't have  permissions for
that. But it's  not that important, since it  is not liked
from anywhere, it doesn't harm.

The  first  question  is  solved.  I  forgot  to  add  the
[[Category:Reference/en|…]] entry.

Regards

Marco Patzer

* Re: Creating a new page in the wiki
@ 2011-10-14 17:50         ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2011-10-14 17:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 6:57 PM, Marco <netuse@lavabit.com> wrote:

> On 2011-10-14 luigi scarso <luigi.scarso@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 4:13 PM, Marco <netuse@lavabit.com> wrote:
> >

> > > 2)
> > > How to delete pages?
> > >
> > > There is tab delete just near the head of the page (if you have the
> right
> > permission)
>
> Hmm. I  don't see it.  Maybe I don't have  permissions for
> that.

you can try with your personal page
wiki.contextgarden.ne/User:<yourname>
--- you should have the right permission here
--
luigi

* Re: Creating a new page in the wiki
@ 2011-10-14 18:08         ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2011-10-14 18:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 14 Oct 2011, Marco wrote:

> On 2011-10-14 luigi scarso <luigi.scarso@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 4:13 PM, Marco <netuse@lavabit.com> wrote:
>>

>>> 2)
>>> How to delete pages?
>>>
>>> There is tab delete just near the head of the page (if you have the right
>> permission)
>
> Hmm. I  don't see it.  Maybe I don't have  permissions for
> that. But it's  not that important, since it  is not liked
> from anywhere, it doesn't harm.

Only the wiki administrators have the permission to delete pages. If you
want to delete or rename a page, leave a message on the talk page, and
hopefully one of the admins will do that.

Aditya

* Re: Creating a new page in the wiki
@ 2011-10-14 18:37           ` Marco
From: Marco @ 2011-10-14 18:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 2011-10-14 luigi scarso <luigi.scarso@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 6:57 PM, Marco <netuse@lavabit.com> wrote:

> > right
> > > permission)
> >
> > Hmm. I  don't see it.  Maybe I don't have  permissions for
> > that.
> >
> you can try with your personal page
> wiki.contextgarden.ne/User:<yourname>

Nope. I don't see a delete button.

User Page, Discussion, Read, Edit, View History, Move, Watch

Same in edit mode.

> --- you should have the right permission here

I agree. Especially when I created the page and no one
else edited it in between.

@ 2011-10-14 18:52     ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2011-10-14 18:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

> 1)
> After having created a new page for Reference/en/whatever
> How to add it to the command reference
> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Category:Reference/en ?

add

[[Category:Reference/en|whatever]]

to the page (at the bottom, for example)

Patrick