* Euro font questions
@ 2002-07-10 12:30 Rob van Swol
From: Rob van Swol @ 2002-07-10 12:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I would like to see that the Euro symbol also changes with style, i.e
Italic or bold. The follwing works (using the Adobe files) to get the
'sans symbol'

\definefontsynonym[EuroSans][rzpeurs]
\definefontsynonym[EuroSansBold][rzpeubs]
\definefontsynonym[EuroSansItalic][rzpeuris]
\definefontsynonym[EuroSansBoldItalic][rzpeubis]
\definesymbol[euro][\getglyph{EuroSans-Regular}{\char160}]
\def\euro{\symbol[euro]}

It is clear that I only get EuroSans; from reading the manual I
understood that I can use 'Euro' to get all mappings However, when I try
to use

\definesymbol[euro][\getglyph{Euro}{\char160}]

I get a message file Euro not found!

Finally, would it be possible to replace the glyph 160 permanently with
the Euro symbol, so that when I type a the ASCII character coding 160 I
get the Euro symbol.?

Regards,
Rob

Rob W. van Swol
National Aerospace Laboratory NLR       Tel. +31 527 248252
P.O. Box 153                            Fax  +31 527 248210
8300 AD Emmeloord                       E-Mail vanswol@nlr.nl
The Netherlands                         http://www.neonet.nl/

* Re: Euro font questions
@ 2002-07-10 15:56 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-07-10 15:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 02:30 PM 7/10/2002 +0200, Rob van Swol wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I would like to see that the Euro symbol also changes with style, i.e
>Italic or bold. The follwing works (using the Adobe files) to get the
>'sans symbol'
>
>\definefontsynonym[EuroSans][rzpeurs]
>\definefontsynonym[EuroSansBold][rzpeubs]
>\definefontsynonym[EuroSansItalic][rzpeuris]
>\definefontsynonym[EuroSansBoldItalic][rzpeubis]
>\definesymbol[euro][\getglyph{EuroSans-Regular}{\char160}]
>\def\euro{\symbol[euro]}
>
>It is clear that I only get EuroSans; from reading the manual I
>understood that I can use 'Euro' to get all mappings However, when I try
>to use
>
>\definesymbol[euro][\getglyph{Euro}{\char160}]
>
>I get a message file Euro not found

do you use the symbol lib symb-eur? \usesymbols[eur]

you need to have the adobe euro fonts on your system and properly named
(they have stupid names like 1___ and so, and they may not be
redistributed, so some handy work is needed here)

>Finally, would it be possible to replace the glyph 160 permanently with
>the Euro symbol, so that when I type a the ASCII character coding 160 I
>get the Euro symbol.?

that is real tricky, and depends on the availability of the symbol in the font

(the encoding files have euro already defined, so \euro is a valid symbol)

Hans

                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: Euro font questions
@ 2002-07-12  8:36   ` Rob van Swol
From: Rob van Swol @ 2002-07-12  8:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Hans,

I followed your sugeestion and everything is fine now. However, there
was (and still is) a typo in original-adobe-euro.map:

there is a line:
eurosabi <eurosebi.pfb
               ^

this should be: