* Re: Changing Fonts
@ 2002-07-29 15:12 Marc
From: Marc @ 2002-07-29 15:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

I apologise for my complete ignorance, but I would really
appreciate a little help in getting going. ConTeXt seems to offer
a great deal, but without access to one or two other fonts it's
not going to be of much use to me, I'm afraid. So far it has been
suggested to me to read:

http://home.salamander.com/~wmcclain/context-help.html mfonts.pdf
mtexfont.pdf

which I have done. But none of this makes a great deal of sense to
me, at least in any practical way. Am I to conclude that one has
to be a master of all things to do with fonts before one can use
one. I'm happy to accept id that is so and move on. But it seems a
little odd.

For example, if someone would be kind enough to take me through,
step by step, to create, say, the LaTeX font package "txfonts" in
ConTeXt, then I'm sure I would learn a great deal (or a far
simpler example if the one I chose is complex, since I have no
idea).

Sorry if this sounds a little pleading, but it is.

Thanks, Marc

>From Marc on 29 Jul 2002

> Hi, I'm new to Context and currently I'm working my way through the "Context Excursion", and reading the manual
> as I go.
>
> I'm trying to understand how to change fonts. First of all I want to identify which fonts are available to me.
>
> The command:
> \showbodyfont[cmr]
> works fine.
> But
> \showbodyfont[lbr]
> fails apparently looking for map files.
>
> Could you tell me how to make this font available to Context. Furthermore, how do I establish which fonts are
> available to me.
>
> I looked in texexec.ini for clues, but I found the lines:
> % This one is only for testing, you can leave it untouched.
> set  TeXFontsPath       to  l:/tex/texmf;l:/tex/texmf-local;
>
> rather confusing.
>
> pdftex.cfg contains the line:
> map +context.map
>
> and context.map contains the line:
> contnav  ContextNavigation  <contnav.pfb
>
> I'm using the MiKTex version of TeX on Windows.
>
> Thanks,
> Marc

"Making Music with Steinberg Nuendo"
http://www.pc-publishing.com/nuendolink.html