* Back of book indexes, creating ranges
@ 2002-09-17 19:16 John Culleton
From: John Culleton @ 2002-09-17 19:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Most indexing programs, including Makeindex, Xindy, Cindex etc. will
automatically collapse successive page numbers into a page range.
There may also be a mechanism for a manually specified range. Context
has
the manual capability but I do not see any capablity for the automatic
collapsing of three or more successive page references into a range.
Before I go to the work of adapting Context to Makeindex via code
similar to that found in eplain, I would like to ask: is there an
automated range creation mechanism for Context, present or planned?

John Culleton