* [NTG-context] background color problem
@ 2002-10-14 17:46 Manfred Lotz
From: Manfred Lotz @ 2002-10-14 17:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

I try to create some text with background color.
The following code snippet doesn't work however.
\definecolor [darkgreen] [r=.0, g=.5, b=.0]
\setupcolors[state=start]

\starttext

\startbackground
\setupbackgrounds
  [text][text]
  [background=color,
   backgroundcolor=darkgreen,
   backgroundoffset=1.25mm]

Background color should be darkgreen
\stopbackground

\stoptext

I know that the problem might be sitting in front of the monitor. So,
where am I wrong?

Manfred

* Re: [NTG-context] background color problem
@ 2002-10-14 19:17 ` Jens-Uwe Morawski
From: Jens-Uwe Morawski @ 2002-10-14 19:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 14 Oct 2002 19:46:27 +0200
Manfred Lotz <manfred.lotz@web.de> wrote:

> I try to create some text with background color.
> The following code snippet doesn't work however.
> \definecolor [darkgreen] [r=.0, g=.5, b=.0]
> \setupcolors[state=start]

> \setupbackgrounds
>   [text][text]
>   [background=color,
>    backgroundcolor=darkgreen,
>    backgroundoffset=1.25mm]

This defines an "overlay" that is placed under the whole text area.
Thus, IMO, not the thing you want get.

As far as i understand details.pdf (following is untested) it
should work with:

\definetextbackground[TextBG]
	[backgroundcolor=darkgreen,
	 backgroundoffset=.25cm,
	 offset=.5cm,
	 frame=off,
	 location=paragraph,
	 color=white]

\starttextbackground[TextBG]
Some Text.
\stoptextbackground

Jens

* Re: [NTG-context] background color problem
@ 2002-10-15  4:58   ` Manfred Lotz
From: Manfred Lotz @ 2002-10-15  4:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Thanks for the info.
You are right. definetextbackground seems more to be what I'm looking for.

Where do I find documentation about it? I didn't find a details.pdf.

Manfred