From: Rob van Swol <vanswol@nlr.nl>
Subject: Re: Some \definelayout troubles
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2002 09:30:48 +0100	[thread overview]

Hans,

This was very helpful; though I am left with two issues:

1) What is the correct way to get an empty page right after the title
page (standardmakeup); thus without headers and both for doublesided and
singlesided?

2) I understand now the origin of the empty pages; it is related to
starting at a new (left/right) page. However: at the end of the document
an extra page is added to get an even number of pages in the doublesided
setup. But this page gets a header and it is also counted in the total
number of pages. I prefer to have an empty pages without header, not
numbered and not counting in the total number of pages. (I personally
think this would be the correct way) How to achieve this?

Regards,
Rob

Hans Hagen wrote:

> At 10:09 AM 11/25/2002 +0100, you wrote:
>
> >\startfrontmatter
> >  \page[yes,blank,empty]
>
> ^ hmm
>
> >  \completecontent
> >\stopfrontmatter
>
> section blocks as set up to start/end on a right/left page; chapters are
> set up to start at a righ tpage; in a single sided layout, a left/right
> page is just a next page
>
> you can play with:
>
> %\setupsectionblock[frontpart]   [page=yes]
> %\setupsectionblock[bodypart]    [page=yes]
> %\setupsectionblock[appendix]    [page=yes]
> %\setuphead        [chapter]     [page=yes]
>
> Keep in mind that going to a next page is kind of tricky, since it is
> related to setting/resetting header/footer texts, backgrounds, so you'd
> best know where/when to issue such a command
>
> Hans

Rob W. van Swol
National Aerospace Laboratory NLR       Tel. +31 527 248252
P.O. Box 153                            Fax  +31 527 248210
8300 AD Emmeloord                       E-Mail vanswol@nlr.nl
The Netherlands                         http://www.neonet.nl/