* Typesetting hebrew in a table...
@ 2019-08-12 13:08 Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2019-08-12 13:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: NTG-Context ConTeXt users

Hi all,

my brother is studying Ifrith and wants to have a dictionary. The idea is to typeset left German and right Ifrith in a /bTABLE…\eTABLE environment.

When trying to typeset the Ifrith text is not broken into lines correctly i.e. it is leaping into the cell reserved for the German text. — How to correct this behaviour?

I attach a rather minimal sample.

Kind regards!

Willi

[-- Attachment #2: test-hebrew.tex --]

% ConTeXt file
% filename: test-hebrew.tex
% 12-08-2019

\mainlanguage[de]
\setuptolerance[tolerant,stretch]

\usetypescriptfile[type-RedHat-liberation]
\usetypescript[Liberation]
\setupbodyfont[Liberation,ss,12pt]

\setupTABLE[column][1][align=right,width=40mm]
\setupTABLE[column][2][align={r2l},width=42mm]

\usemodule[database]

\defineseparatedlist
	[TSV] %tab separated values
	[separator=tab,
	 before=\bTABLE,after=\eTABLE,
	 first=\bTR,last=\eTR,
	 left=\bTD,right=\eTD,
	 setups=unix]

\setuppapersize[A6,portrait][A5,portrait]
\setuplayout
	 [topspace=10.0mm,
    height=128mm,
    header=0.0mm,
  	footerdistance=2mm,
	  height=fit,
    footer=1.5\bodyfontsize,
    backspace=10.0mm,
    width=85.0mm,
    margin=0.0mm,
	  location=middle,
		marking=on]

\starttext

\startchapter[title=Gegenwart]
	\startsection[title=Pa'al]
		\processseparatedfile[TSV][test-paal.dat]
	\stopsection
\stopchapter

\stoptext

[-- Attachment #3: test-hebrew.pdf --]

[-- Attachment #4: test-paal.dat --]

an-, ausmalen	צוֹבֵעַ, צוֹבַעַת, צוֹבְעִים, צוֹבְעוֹת, לִצבּוֹעַ
anbringen, bestimmen, festsetzen	קוֹבֵעַ, קוֹבַעַת, קוֹבְעִים, קוֹבְעוֹת, לִקְבּוֹעַ
anprobieren, anmessen	מוׂדֵד, מוׂדֵדֶת, מוׂדְדִים, מוׂדְדוׂת, לִמְדוׂד
antworten	עוֹנֶה, עוֹנָה, עוֹנִים, עוֹנוֹת, לַעֲנוֹת
anziehen, tragen	לוֹבֵשׁ, לוֹבֶשֶׁת, לוֹבְשִׁים, לוֹבְשׁוֹת ,לִלְבּוֹשׁ
arbeiten	עובד, עובדת, עובדים, עובדות, לַעַבוֹד

* Re: Typesetting hebrew in a table...
@ 2019-08-12 13:36 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2019-08-12 13:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

> On 12 Aug 2019, at 15:08, Willi Egger <context@boede.nl> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> my brother is studying Ifrith and wants to have a dictionary. The idea is to typeset left German and right Ifrith in a /bTABLE…\eTABLE environment.
>
> When trying to typeset the Ifrith text is not broken into lines correctly i.e. it is leaping into the cell reserved for the German text. — How to correct this behaviour?

Either use:

\setupTABLE[column][2][align={r2l,right},width=42mm]

or:

\setupTABLE[column][2][align={r2l,verytolerant,stretch},width=42mm]

since a bare ‘r2l’ is like “normal” except for the writing direction.

Best wishes,
Taco

* Re: Typesetting hebrew in a table...
@ 2019-08-12 20:20   ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2019-08-12 20:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: NTG-Context ConTeXt users

Hello Taco,

thank you so much. - Indeed this looks good! The option with ‘verytolerant,stretch’ works but does not look that nice, some words are really far from each other…
So the way to go is “{r2l,right}”

Thanks!

Willi