* Project structure: Specifying environment in component
@ 2021-06-09 11:36 mastermind_ x
From: mastermind_ x @ 2021-06-09 11:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello everyone,

I am creating a project of notes across different areas of mathematics I am studying and the structure looks like this:

env_notes.tex
project_notes.tex
geogroups/groups-prd_geometry-groups.tex
geogroups/groups-c_chapter1.tex

I am following this wiki: https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Project_structure

My question is: Why do I need to specify
\environment env_notes
before It works at the component level? The wiki didn’t say that. Plus it is already specified at the product level. Thanks.

~Jethro

* Re: Project structure: Specifying environment in component
@ 2021-06-09 11:58 ` denis.maier
From: denis.maier @ 2021-06-09 11:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

I’ve also struggled with this before as you can see if you search the mailing list.
My question: https://www.mail-archive.com/ntg-context@ntg.nl/msg97763.html
Wolfgang’s answer : https://www.mail-archive.com/ntg-context@ntg.nl/msg97775.html

We should probably change the wiki to make it clear that no inheritance of environments happens here.

Denis

@ 2021-06-09 12:49   ` jethro Reuel
From: jethro Reuel @ 2021-06-09 12:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks. Maybe a change of how the wiki is worded is needed.

@ 2021-06-16  8:38     ` denis.maier
From: denis.maier @ 2021-06-16  8:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

I’ll look into this, and post to the list once I’ve made the changes so others can comment.

Denis