* How to access special quotationsmarks and the euro symbol
@ 2004-02-06 12:01 Stefan Wachter
From: Stefan Wachter @ 2004-02-06 12:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

can anyone tell me how the following unicode characters can be accessed
with ConTeXt?

“ - left double quotation mark
„ - double low 9 quotation mark

In LaTeX I used the \grqq- and \glqq-macros.

In addition, I have difficulties in accessing the Euro character. The
proposed method

\usesymbols[euro] and the later use of

\euro or \texteuro

does not work. I get the message

\definedfont=eurose at 14.39996pt not loadable: Metric (TFM) file not found.

What steps do I have to perform in order to install that font correctly?

Thanks for your attention and effort,
--Stefan

* Re: How to access special quotationsmarks and the euro symbol
@ 2004-02-08 11:30 ` Thomas A.Schmitz
From: Thomas A.Schmitz @ 2004-02-08 11:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

> “ - left double quotation mark
> „ - double low 9 quotation mark
>
> In LaTeX I used the \grqq- and \glqq-macros.

Try \quotedblleft and \quotesinglebase

I find it useful to produce pdfs for the fonts that I use most often
which will show these symbols. This would be an example for an input
file:

\usemodule[fnt-01]

\starttext

\ShowFont[Charter][bchr8r][ec]

\stoptext

This will show you all the symbols and glyphs available and how they
can be obtained.

All best

Thomas

* Re: How to access special quotationsmarks and the euro symbol
@ 2004-02-08 17:26 ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2004-02-08 17:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am Freitag, 06.02.04, um 13:01 Uhr (Europe/Zurich) schrieb Stefan
Wachter:
> can anyone tell me how the following unicode characters can be
> accessed with ConTeXt?
> “ - left double quotation mark
> „ - double low 9 quotation mark
> In LaTeX I used the \grqq- and \glqq-macros.

Use logical markup:
\quotation{That’s quoted in double quotes}, \quote{and that’s in single
quotes}.
You get right quotation marks if you setup the right language:
\setupmainlanguage[de]

If you need foreign quotes for longer citations, just switch the
language:
{\fr \quotation{C’est la vie!}}

> In addition, I have difficulties in accessing the Euro character. The
> proposed method
> \usesymbols[euro] and the later use of
> \euro or \texteuro
> does not work. I get the message
>
> \definedfont=eurose at 14.39996pt not loadable: Metric (TFM) file not
> found.
>
> What steps do I have to perform in order to install that font
> correctly?

That seems to use Adobe(?) Euro fonts. Hans?

Grüßlis vom Hraban!
--
http://www.fiee.net/texnique/

* Re: How to access special quotationsmarks and the euro symbol
@ 2004-02-15 20:58   ` Stefan Wachter
From: Stefan Wachter @ 2004-02-15 20:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Thomas,

thanks for your reply. The quotedblleft and quotedblbase produce what I
need. The ShowFont command is very useful, indeed.

--Stefan