* dashed horizontal line
@ 2003-03-16  4:48 Matthew Huggett
From: Matthew Huggett @ 2003-03-16  4:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all:

I would like to draw a short horizontal line, somewhat like \hl[5] but
dashed instead of solid.  Is there a command for this?

Thanks

Matt

* Re: dashed horizontal line
@ 2003-03-17 17:27 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-03-17 17:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 01:48 PM 3/16/2003 +0900, you wrote:
>Hi all:
>
>I would like to draw a short horizontal line, somewhat like \hl[5] but
>dashed instead of solid.  Is there a command for this?

you can do that with \leaders in tex code, but nicer is:

\startuniqueMPgraphic{WhatARule}{length,linewidth,color}
   draw
     origin -- (\MPvar{length},0)
     dashed evenly % change this to what you want
     withpen pencircle scaled \MPvar{linewidth}
     withcolor \MPcolor{\MPvar{color}} ;
\stopuniqueMPgraphic

\setMPvariables
   [WhatARule]
   [length=6\bodyfontsize, % 4cm,
    linewidth=1pt,
    color=red]

\def\WhatARule
   {\dontleavehmode\struttedbox{\uniqueMPgraphic{WhatARule}}}

\starttext

\dostepwiserecurse{4}{12}{1}
   {\expanded{\switchtobodyfont[\recurselevel pt]}
    test \par \WhatARule \par test}

\stoptext

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: dashed horizontal line
@ 2003-03-18  9:21   ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2003-03-18  9:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> writes:

Hello Hans and others,

[...]

>    draw
>      origin -- (\MPvar{length},0)
>      dashed evenly % change this to what you want
>      withpen pencircle scaled \MPvar{linewidth}
>      withcolor \MPcolor{\MPvar{color}} ;

the color does not work for me. \MPcolor{red} is OK and red alone is
OK but not \MPcolor{\MPvar{...}}.

My fault? Or ...?

Patrick

* Re: Re: dashed horizontal line
@ 2003-03-18 11:19     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-03-18 11:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 10:21 AM 3/18/2003 +0100, you wrote:
>Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> writes:
>
>Hello Hans and others,
>
>[...]
>
> >    draw
> >      origin -- (\MPvar{length},0)
> >      dashed evenly % change this to what you want
> >      withpen pencircle scaled \MPvar{linewidth}
> >      withcolor \MPcolor{\MPvar{color}} ;
>
>the color does not work for me. \MPcolor{red} is OK and red alone is
>OK but not \MPcolor{\MPvar{...}}.

\MPvar{color}