Hi Cecil, You could use \showframe before starttext, then you will see the relations of the areas. Here I do not see that the placement of the table is incorrect. I tried to use \doerecurse with the table-environment and I also did not get a result. A possibility is to use another table environment: \bTABLE \bTR \bTD ... \eTD \eTR \eTABLE This environment has more possibilities than \starttable. Herein \dorecurse does work. Moreover support for colouring is more advanced. Look for details in the enattab.pdf I suggest you to use buffers for the content that the loops typeset. A sample is in your fuel.tex Willi