* Sample letter layout, replacement for NTG brief style
@ 2003-07-02 13:26 Frank
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Frank @ 2003-07-02 13:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

I currently use the Dutch NTG letter style with LaTeX, which I would
like to replace with a ConTeXt based system. Even though LaTeX works
fine, I think that I can better spend my time on learning ConTeXt as
this will not limit me so much in future projects.

So I was wondering if any ConTeXt users have already created a layout
file to write letters, with the appropriate placement of the Address,
logo's, folding stripes, etc.. If not than I would like to solicit some
pointers on how to do two things:

1. place a logo at an exact XY position on the paper

2. exact placement of the address block (as this needs to fit with
standard envelope windows).

Regards,

Frank

* Re: Sample letter layout, replacement for NTG brief style
@ 2003-07-02 15:08 ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2003-07-02 15:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello Frank,

> I currently use the Dutch NTG letter style with LaTeX, which I would
> like to replace with a ConTeXt based system. Even though LaTeX works
> fine, I think that I can better spend my time on learning ConTeXt as
> this will not limit me so much in future projects.

Currently there is no environment in CONTeXT available which performs the
tasks from the  ntg-style.
If this will be developed, it will definitely offer the same functionality.

Kind regards

Willi Egger
Secretary NTG

* Re: Sample letter layout, replacement for NTG brief style
@ 2003-07-02 18:36 ` Berend de Boer
From: Berend de Boer @ 2003-07-02 18:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Frank <maillist@sonnemans.net> writes:

> I currently use the Dutch NTG letter style with LaTeX, which I would
> like to replace with a ConTeXt based system. Even though LaTeX works
> fine, I think that I can better spend my time on learning ConTeXt as
> this will not limit me so much in future projects.
>
> So I was wondering if any ConTeXt users have already created a layout
> file to write letters, with the appropriate placement of the Address,
> logo's, folding stripes, etc.. If not than I would like to solicit
> some pointers on how to do two things:
>
> 1. place a logo at an exact XY position on the paper
>
> 2. exact placement of the address block (as this needs to fit with
> standard envelope windows).

Here an example (in dutch). Include it like this:

======
\input berendbrief.tex

\starttekst
Yada\crlf
Street\crlf
City\crlf

{\bf Subject}

Dear Whatever,

Test ...
\stoptekst

[-- Attachment #2: ConTeXt letter style --]

Live long and prosper,

Berend de Boer

* Re: Sample letter layout, replacement for NTG brief style
@ 2003-07-02 21:44 ` K.H. Wesseling
From: K.H. Wesseling @ 2003-07-02 21:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

There is an example on how to prepare a letterhead worked out in all
detail in the last MAPS. Cordially...Karel.