* Lucida again
@ 2003-08-02 19:10 David Arnold
From: David Arnold @ 2003-08-02 19:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I am using the latest version of Miktex. This compiles just fine using
pdflatex.

\documentclass{article}

\usepackage{lucidabr}

\begin{document}

Now is the time.
\begin{equation}
  \label{eq:1}
  f(x)=x^2-2x-3.
\end{equation}

\end{document}

But I don't understand how to use my Lucida YandY fonts in Context. I read
and reread mfonts.pdf and it makes no sense to me. I tried:

\setupoutput[pdf]

\usetypescript[lbr]
\setupbodyfont[lbr]

\starttext

Hello.

\stoptext

But I got this when I tried to compile.

) (F:\miktex\tex\context\base\type-spe.tex)
(F:\miktex\tex\context\base\type-exa.tex))makemf --verbose ec-lbr
cannot find ec-lbr source file.
hbf2gf -q -g ec-lbr 300
MAKETFM: don't know how to make ec-lbr

! Font \*12ptrmtf*=ec-lbr at 12.0pt not loadable: Metric (TFM) file not found.
<to be read again>
                   \relax
\xxdododefinefont ...tspec {#4}\newfontidentifier
                                                  \let
\localrelativefontsiz...

\fontstrategy ...ame #1\csname #2#3#4#5\endcsname
                                                  \tryingfontfalse \fi
<inserted text> ...yle \fontalternative \fontsize
                                                  \fi \iftryingfont
\fontstr...

\synchronizefont ...strategy \the \fontstrategies
                                                  \relax \fi
\ifskipfontchar...
<argument> \getvalue {\@style@ \fontstyle }
                                           \edef \fontstyle {\fontstyle
}\if...
l.4 \setupbodyfont[lbr]

Can someone tell me how to proceed?

* Re: Lucida again
@ 2003-08-02 19:38   ` David Arnold
From: David Arnold @ 2003-08-02 19:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Bill,

This:

\setupoutput[pdf]

\usetypescript[berry][ec]
\usetypescript[lbr]
\setupbodyfont[lbr]

\starttext

Hello.

\stoptext

Leads to this:

[...]

l.5 \setupbodyfont[lbr]

* Re: Lucida again
@ 2003-08-02 19:39 ` Bill McClain
From: Bill McClain @ 2003-08-02 19:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, 02 Aug 2003 12:10:10 -0700
David Arnold <darnold@northcoast.com> wrote:

> \usetypescript[lbr]
> \setupbodyfont[lbr]

I can't test it because I don't have Lucida, but what happens if you add
this before the statements above:

    \usetypescript[berry][ec]

-Bill
--
Sattre Press                                The King in Yellow
http://sattre-press.com/                 by Robert W. Chambers

* Re: Lucida again
@ 2003-08-02 22:07 ` Sebastian Rooks
From: Sebastian Rooks @ 2003-08-02 22:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

David Arnold wrote:

Hi David,
With MikTeXt you have to install the font. The easiest way is to use
texfont.
Have a look at the My Way "Texfont Examined" by Adam Lindsay at the
ConTeXt Portal
http://www.pragma-ade.com:8080/context/MyWays
It's for texlive on linux but you should be able understand how to use
texfont for MikTeX. (do not forget to read the part where it is said
that the source and destination files should be in the same tree)
texfont type-tmf.dat --en=texnansi
 will not be enought since lucida is not defined in type-tmf.dat
The sample file generated should help you write a proper typescript file.
It is just some hints since I installed some urw polices roughtly that
way a few month ago.
I'm really sorry but I can't help you further right now (no time).
Anyway, I hope it will be helpful.
Good luck ;-)  ,

  Seb.

@ 2008-09-08  9:41         ` Yue Wang
From: Yue Wang @ 2008-09-08  9:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Hans:

> mkiv automatically uses the afm files (only uses tfm for fonts that have
> no afm or are seen as kind of special)

Well, I aware.. but my question is:
can we use the definition in type-buy.tex directly without any manual
verbose typescript definition if we use afms instead of tfms? how?

Yue Wang

* Re: Lucida again
@ 2008-09-08  8:13       ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2008-09-08  8:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Yue Wang wrote:
> I  already mailed the tfms to the mailing list month ago~ but I dont
> know how to upload it to the garden:( pls tell me how.
>
> (In fact, the tfms works in both MKIV and MKII, however, I think in
> MKIV we can use the afms and pfbs shipped by TUG directly.
> Maybe Hans can modify the type-buy.tex so that there will be no tfms
> and map files needed.)

mkiv automatically uses the afm files (only uses tfm for fonts that have
no afm or are seen as kind of special)

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: Lucida again
@ 2008-09-08  5:06     ` Yue Wang
From: Yue Wang @ 2008-09-08  5:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

I  already mailed the tfms to the mailing list month ago~ but I dont
know how to upload it to the garden:( pls tell me how.

(In fact, the tfms works in both MKIV and MKII, however, I think in
MKIV we can use the afms and pfbs shipped by TUG directly.
Maybe Hans can modify the type-buy.tex so that there will be no tfms
and map files needed.)

On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 9:41 AM, Mojca Miklavec
<mojca.miklavec.lists@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 3:22 AM, Yue Wang <yuleopen@gmail.com> wrote:
>> You should use \usetypescriptfile[type-buy] first~
>> texfont won't do everything for you, it will not process math fonts.
>> but you can use my tfms again for lucida:)
>
> Maybe we could create a module on the garden with lucida tfms only.
> Ready to upload?
>
> Thanks,
>    Mojca

* Re: Lucida again
@ 2008-09-08  1:41   ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2008-09-08  1:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2008-09-08  1:22 ` Yue Wang
From: Yue Wang @ 2008-09-08  1:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, Sep 6, 2008 at 3:35 PM, Eric DÉTREZ <ericd13@mac.com> wrote:
> Hello
>
> I know that I disturb a lot this list, please forgive me.
>
> I tried to install a new mac.
>
> I donwloaded mactex (2008)
> I installed lucida fons in ~/Library/texmf/
> then I typed "sudo mktexlsr" and "sudo updmap-sys --enable Map
> lucida.map" in terminal
> All is fine with plain TeX, I can use my lucida fonts.
>
> I copied all my afm and pfb files in a directory
> then I typed "texfont --fontroot=/Users/Ericd/library/texmf --ve=bh --
> co=lucida --ma --in --expert"
> from this directory in terminal. (don't understand  the --ma --in --
> expert things)
> It made a lot of job, map files, tfm files.
> The texnansi-bh-lucida test file seems to work (it's a long task, I
> only  asked to shox LucidaBright).
>
> BUT
>  \usetypescript[lucida][texnansi]
>  \setupbodyfont[lucida,10pt]