* Arabic-ConTeXt
@ 2003-09-09 21:12 Idris S Hamid
From: Idris S Hamid @ 2003-09-09 21:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear gang,

I still have not had time to prepare the new how-to on Arabic and
ConTeXt, but I completely forgot that I already wrote one a year ago!
Just compile the ConTeXt format with eOmega and read the following:

http://www.dtek.chalmers.se/~d97ost/omega-example.html
http://www.dtek.chalmers.se/~d97ost/omega/gamma/
http://www.dtek.chalmers.se/~d97ost/omega/gamma/README

The readme contains detailed instructions. Replace Omega1.15 with
e-Omega1.15. Also do the following in your texmf.cnf file before
compiling the format:

buf_size.context         =      200000 % needed for omega bug
%extra_mem_bot.context   =      4000000 % comment for omega/eomega
extra_mem_top.context    =      2000000

The second line should be commented as above (otherwise fpTeX will do
strange things...)

I can't believe I forgot all about this...

More info: For global right-to-left use

\textdir TRT\pardir TRT\bodydir TRT\pagedir TRT

in your preamble. You will need to add a

\hoffset=-8cm

to compensate for an omega bug in \bodydir.

For questions about any of this, please join the aleph mailing list and
I'll help as best as I can. The following documentation is incomplete
but helpful:

http://omega.cse.unsw.edu.au:8080/roadmap/doc-1.12.ps
http://omega.cse.unsw.edu.au:8080/papers/tsukuba-arabic97.pdf

Best
Idris

* Re: [Aleph] Arabic-ConTeXt
@ 2003-09-11 15:10 ` Idris S Hamid
From: Idris S Hamid @ 2003-09-11 15:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

> in your preamble. You will need to add a
>
> \hoffset=-8cm
>
> to compensate for an omega bug in \bodydir.

Actually the bug is probably in \pagedir, not \bodydir.

Idris