* Page background color. Does not cover the entire page.
@ 2009-04-16 22:54 Curiouslearn
From: Curiouslearn @ 2009-04-16 22:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

I created the attached PDF file using ConTeXt. As you can see I have a green
background, which covers the whole page. However, when I took it to the
printer today and he printed two copies for me, there was some white space
left at four ends. The amount of space above, below, to the left and to the
right was different. Here is my preamble. Can you suggest what I can do so
that the whole page has the chosen green background color.

Thanks very much.

\setuppapersize[letter][letter]
\setuplayout[backspace=1.5in,width=6in,margin=1in,topspace=0.25in,header=0.75in,height=11in]
\setuppagenumbering[state=stop]
\setupcolors[state=start]
\setupcolor[xwi]
\usetypescriptfile[type-dejavu]
\usetypescript[dejavu]
\switchtobodyfont[dejavu,12pt]
\setupheadertexts[\it \hskip -0.75in Institute][\it Department ]

\setupbackgrounds[page][background=color,backgroundcolor=green*:2]

\setupframed[background=color,
backgroundcolor=cornsilk,
frameoffset=2pt,
backgroundoffset=2pt,
corner=round,
align=middle]

\usemodule[tikz]

[-- Attachment #2: AuctionDescriptionTEMP.pdf --]

* Re: Page background color. Does not cover the entire page.
@ 2009-04-17  7:11 ` Yanrui Li
From: Yanrui Li @ 2009-04-17  7:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

2009/4/17 Curiouslearn <curiouslearn@gmail.com>:
> Hi,
> I created the attached PDF file using ConTeXt. As you can see I have a green
> background, which covers the whole page. However, when I took it to the
> printer today and he printed two copies for me, there was some white space
> left at four ends. The amount of space above, below, to the left and to the
> right was different. Here is my preamble. Can you suggest what I can do so
> that the whole page has the chosen green background color.
> Thanks very much.

Hi, Curiouslearn,

Generally speaking, many printers can't print a page without white
spaces about 3mm unless you have a marginless printer.

--
Best wishes,
Li Yanrui

* Gentoo Linux (~x86)
* ConTeXt Minimals Beta (2009.04.16 15:20)

* Re: Page background color. Does not cover the entire page.
@ 2009-04-17  7:38 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2009-04-17  7:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Curiouslearn wrote:
> Hi,
> I created the attached PDF file using ConTeXt. As you can see I have a green
> background, which covers the whole page. However, when I took it to the
> printer today and he printed two copies for me, there was some white space
> left at four ends. The amount of space above, below, to the left and to the
> right was different. Here is my preamble. Can you suggest what I can do so
> that the whole page has the chosen green background color.

-- print on larger paper and cut off the edges
-- make your layout a bit smaller and cut off the edges

only professional print will print to the edge and even then ...

(normally you will use oversized paper and bleeding)

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2009-04-17 11:22   ` John Devereux
From: John Devereux @ 2009-04-17 11:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> writes:

> Curiouslearn wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I created the attached PDF file using ConTeXt. As you can see I have a green
>> background, which covers the whole page. However, when I took it to the
>> printer today and he printed two copies for me, there was some white space
>> left at four ends. The amount of space above, below, to the left and to the
>> right was different. Here is my preamble. Can you suggest what I can do so
>> that the whole page has the chosen green background color.
>
> -- print on larger paper and cut off the edges
> -- make your layout a bit smaller and cut off the edges

Or

 -- get them to print it on light green paper? :)

--

John Devereux

* Re: Page background color. Does not cover the entire page.
@ 2009-04-17 23:18     ` Curiouslearn
From: Curiouslearn @ 2009-04-17 23:18 UTC (permalink / raw)