* regular online meet-up
@ 2023-04-09 20:09 Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context
From: Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context @ 2023-04-09 20:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

You’re invited to join on Wednesday, April 12th, 15:00 CEST (UTC+2)

at https://lecture.senfcall.de/hen-rbr-rku-oke
(same, but shorter: https://v34h.de/ctxmtg)

ConTeXt users of all levels are welcome!

Next meeting will be on May 10th.

(Same blurb as every time:)

[Howto]
* No special software installation required; most modern browsers should
work (WebRTC required).
* Open the above URL, accept the privacy statement,
* enter your name,
* click "join" (or "start" if you’re the first),
* click "with microphone", allow your browser to access it, check the audio.
* Your microphone is muted if you join. Activate microphone and/or
camera with the buttons at the bottom.
* Minimize the default presentation with the "screen" button, bottom right.

* If you’d like to share your screen or upload a file, you can make
yourself the presenter: Click on your user name, change the setting,
then you’ll see the "screen sharing" button beside the camera button;
also there’s now "manage presentations" behind the "plus" button.
Beware there is only one presenter at a time, so don’t kill someone
else’s presentation.

[Technical hints]
* Sound is usually better if you use a headset (less noise for everyone).

* Connection problems are mostly due to low bandwidth or high latency on
your side, e.g. with mobile connections.
* If audio/video doesn’t work for you, you can still use the text chat.
* Screen sharing needs a lot of bandwidth.

* BigBlueButton documentation applies:
https://bigbluebutton.org/teachers/tutorials/

[Netiquette]
* Please use a name that we recognize from here. Some feel uncomfortable
with anonymous lurkers.
* Mute your microphone while you’re not talking.
* It’s nice to show your face at least when you join.
* If there are connection problems, stop camera sharing.
* The room is set to “everyone’s a moderator“, I trust you...

See you, Hraban

* [NTG-context] Reminder: regular online meet-up
@ 2023-04-12 11:35 ` Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context
From: Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context @ 2023-04-12 11:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context; +Cc: Henning Hraban Ramm

Reminder: This is in less than 2 hours.

I’m sick and can’t participate this time.

Hraban

Am 09.04.23 um 22:09 schrieb Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context:
> You’re invited to join on Wednesday, April 12th, 15:00 CEST (UTC+2)
>
> at https://lecture.senfcall.de/hen-rbr-rku-oke
> (same, but shorter: https://v34h.de/ctxmtg)
>
> ConTeXt users of all levels are welcome!
>
> Next meeting will be on May 10th.
>

> (Same blurb as every time:)
>
> [Howto]
> * No special software installation required; most modern browsers should
> work (WebRTC required).
> * Open the above URL, accept the privacy statement,
> * enter your name,
> * click "join" (or "start" if you’re the first),
> * click "with microphone", allow your browser to access it, check the
> audio.
> * Your microphone is muted if you join. Activate microphone and/or
> camera with the buttons at the bottom.
> * Minimize the default presentation with the "screen" button, bottom right.
>
> * If you’d like to share your screen or upload a file, you can make
> yourself the presenter: Click on your user name, change the setting,
> then you’ll see the "screen sharing" button beside the camera button;
> also there’s now "manage presentations" behind the "plus" button.
> Beware there is only one presenter at a time, so don’t kill someone
> else’s presentation.
>
> [Technical hints]
> * Sound is usually better if you use a headset (less noise for everyone).
>
> * Connection problems are mostly due to low bandwidth or high latency on
> your side, e.g. with mobile connections.
> * If audio/video doesn’t work for you, you can still use the text chat.
> * Screen sharing needs a lot of bandwidth.
>
> * BigBlueButton documentation applies:
> https://bigbluebutton.org/teachers/tutorials/
>
> [Netiquette]
> * Please use a name that we recognize from here. Some feel uncomfortable
> with anonymous lurkers.
> * Mute your microphone while you’re not talking.
> * It’s nice to show your face at least when you join.
> * If there are connection problems, stop camera sharing.
> * The room is set to “everyone’s a moderator“, I trust you...
>
> See you, Hraban

* Re: [NTG-context] Reminder: regular online meet-up
@ 2023-04-12 11:40   ` Hans Hagen via ntg-context
From: Hans Hagen via ntg-context @ 2023-04-12 11:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context; +Cc: Hans Hagen

On 4/12/2023 1:35 PM, Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context wrote:
> Reminder: This is in less than 2 hours.
>
> I’m sick and can’t participate this time.
>
> Hraban
we can shift it one week as I have to go mid afternoon

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

* Re: [NTG-context] Reminder: regular online meet-up
@ 2023-04-19 12:17     ` Mikael Sundqvist via ntg-context
From: Mikael Sundqvist via ntg-context @ 2023-04-19 12:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

On Wed, Apr 12, 2023 at 1:40 PM Hans Hagen via ntg-context
<ntg-context@ntg.nl> wrote:

> On 4/12/2023 1:35 PM, Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context wrote:
> > Reminder: This is in less than 2 hours.
> >
> > I’m sick and can’t participate this time.
> >
> > Hraban
> we can shift it one week as I have to go mid afternoon
>
> Hans

Does this mean that there is a meeting today? (In about 43 minutes from now.)

/Mikael

* Re: [NTG-context] Reminder: regular online meet-up
@ 2023-04-19 12:31       ` Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context
From: Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context @ 2023-04-19 12:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mikael Sundqvist via ntg-context; +Cc: Henning Hraban Ramm

Am 19.04.23 um 14:17 schrieb Mikael Sundqvist via ntg-context:
> Hi all,
>
> On Wed, Apr 12, 2023 at 1:40 PM Hans Hagen via ntg-context
> <ntg-context@ntg.nl> wrote:
>>
>> On 4/12/2023 1:35 PM, Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context wrote:
>>> Reminder: This is in less than 2 hours.
>>>
>>> I’m sick and can’t participate this time.
>>>
>>> Hraban
>> we can shift it one week as I have to go mid afternoon
>>
>> Hans
>
> Does this mean that there is a meeting today? (In about 43 minutes from now.)

Sorry, I didn’t plan to, I’m just too busy these days.

Hraban