Dear ConTeXters, I apologize for sending twice this message: since I did not receive it myself, I thought it has been lost… So here is my help request: I just updated my TeX installation with the latest MacTeX-TeXLive 2008, and since the version of LuaTeX included there was 0.25.0, I built a binary version LuaTeX, Version snapshot-0.29.0-2008091817. Now the problem is that my usual procedure for generating mkiv doesn't work and I couldn't fix the problem… (That procedure used to work fine with the previous version of MacTeX-TeXLive 2008). More precisely mtxrun --selfupdate seems to work fine, but then luatools --selfupdate results in: LuaTools | to be replaced old script /usr/texbin/luatools LuaTools | unable to locate new script LuaTools | LuaTools | runtime: 0.082 seconds and the command luatools --generate apparently works fine, since there is no complaints, as far as I can see. Now when I issue the command: luatools --ini --verbose --compile cont-en luatools stops after executing some commands and finally I get: LuaTools | using lua initialization file cont-en.luc LuaTools | running command: luatex --ini --lua="cont-en.luc" "/usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/tex/context/base/cont-en.tex" \\dump (/usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/tex/context/base/cont-en.tex ! I can't find file `context.tex'. l.16 \input context.tex Please type another input file name: If I do give a complete path for this file, that is /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/tex/context/base/context.tex (or for another one /usr/local/texlive/2008/texmf-dist/tex/context/base/context.tex) again luatools complaints about not finding the file syst-pln.tex… and so on. I should say that I execute also the commands export TEXMFCACHE="/tmp" export TEXMFCNF="/usr/local/texlive/2008/texmf/web2c/" export TEXMF="{/Users/kavian/Library/texmf,/usr/local/texlive/2008/texmf-config,/usr/local/texlive/2008/texmf-var,/usr/local/texlive/2008/../texmf-local,/usr/local/texlive/2008/texmf-dist,/usr/local/texlive/2008/texmf,/usr/local/texlive/texmf-local}" export LUAINPUTS="{/usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/tex/context/base,/usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/scripts/context/lua}" export OSFONTDIR="{/Users/kavian/Library/Fonts,/Library/Fonts}" export TEXMFSCRIPTS="{$TEXMF/scripts/context/,$TEXMF/tex/context/base}" before the above. Since I do most of the operations without really understanding what is going on, I am sure I am doing something wrong… But what? Thanks for your help… Best regards: OK